close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hooks?

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by steeliehunter, Feb 9, 2018.

1. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

As I sit in side watching it snow I figure there’s no better time to go through my gear and see what I need to stock up on and my hook supply seems a little low. Over the years the prices of hooks keeps going up and seems like the quality of some brands keeps going down. My question to you guys is what kind/brand do you use? I’ve personally been using raven specimen wide gap hooks in size 6-8 for float fishing for a few years now. They’re strong the quality/finish is always good and the prices are very reasonable at $15 for 100pack.

2. BMARKS

BMARKS

I still use the classic mustad 92141 i use a size 4 for steel and a size 2 for kings.

mquinnan likes this.

3. PunyTrout

PunyTrout

I have Daiichi 4250 in sizes 8 thru 14 for single egg flies. I've landed multiple 10 lb. plus fish on a size 14 believe it or not. They are a super quality hook IMO. I still have some 100 packs.

I also have VMC 9299 size 4 for bags or bait.

PM me if interested.

4. slightofhand

slightofhand

Blood Run tailout size 6 or 8 also about $15 per 100. Have not tried their Skeena hooks yet but hear good things from guys who like to snell. Back up hooks are Gammy glo bugs

5. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

I’ll have to look into the blood run hooks. I like the ravens but they are getting harder and harder to find in bulk 100 packs. eBay has always been my go to place to get them but not many people carry them anymore. Only a few sellers do.

6. adam bomb

adam bomb

Franks has Raven in 100 packs last season. They’re at the counter you just have to ask. I have a feeling they were “walking away” so they have to keep them there.

7. wyandot

wyandot

Mogo's cork usually has 100 packs in stock, but he does run out of the more popular sizes at times.

8. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

Thanks for the info guys. Definitely going to check franks. Had no idea they carried them would rather buy local then from someplace I don’t know. Was just there looking at some waders and yikes:yikes: they don’t give those things away either anymore. haha

9. adam bomb

adam bomb

I’m not sure where your from but I’m running to Franks tonight. I’ll ask if they still have the 100 packs and report back later on.

10. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

I’m from Birch Run/Bridgeport area. I stop to Franks whenever I can but they are usually closed when I go by on my way up fishing or on the way home.

11. 158482

#4 Owner SSW, super sharp and incredibly strong. Great for running skein, roe bags

12. adam bomb

adam bomb

The wife sabotaged my trip tonight but I’m off work tomorrow and I will for sure be up there to get a few things before Wednesday’s trip to the west side. I’ll check on the hooks for you. What size are you interested in?

13. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

It’s funny how the wife and kids have a way of doing that. Haha But I usually use size 6 and 8 mostly. I’m also stocking up for a trip to the west side. I’m a west side newb but I figure it can’t be much different then over here on the east side.

14. adam bomb

adam bomb

Raven #4 and #6’s in 100 packs at Franks

15. steeliehunter

steeliehunter

Okay thanks