Homestead Closed for Business

Discussion in 'North West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Ddog0587, Sep 10, 2020.

1. bansheejoel

bansheejoel

I think it’s hilarious when I try to tell people the Platte wasn’t like how it is now 15 years ago and people post pictures of 50 years ago with hundreds of cars on the road parked fishing in its heydays. I’m glad you’ve seen what I tried to explain.

Same with the betsie, 15 years ago was my first time fishing it and it was actually enjoyable. That river has become a joke the last 6-9 years. A absolute slum of trashy people and trash

UBDSLO1, eggfly, Benzie Rover and 2 others like this.
  2. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

With the betsie providing a lot of of the salmon for Lake Michigan. Let alone it’s totally natural. the closures probably should have happened a lot sooner. Maybe there needs to be more, time will tell

There are 2 things in Michigan that will turn a sane rational person into selfish trash. Those 2 things are deer hunting and salmon fishing. Most can control themselves a very select few can’t and ruin it for every one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

With the betsie providing a lot of of the salmon for Lake Michigan. Let alone it’s totally natural. the closures probably should have happened a lot sooner. Maybe there needs to be more, time will tell

There are 2 things in Michigan that will turn a sane rational person into selfish trash. Those 2 things are deer hunting and salmon fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportsman98 likes this.
  4. Erik

Erik

My dad used to say "nothing good happens at 2 am".
    I work for an ambulance company these days, and I have come to the conclusion he was right.

5. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

I disagree. Back in the day when the bar closed at 0200, the girls were ready for some fun...

You can fish the rivers in the middle of the night and safely have a great time. I'm too old for that crap now but some of us on this site used to do it all the time. Nothing like bellying up to a sandbar at 0400 to catch a nap.

UBDSLO1, eggfly, pjd and 2 others like this.
  6. Erik

Erik

"Back in the day when the bar closed at 0200, the girls were ready for some fun."

LOL, you mean all the "10s" that are "2s" in morning :)
    I still say "dad was right".

7. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Well done Erik!

That's just when the shirt buttons fell off.

8. riverbob

riverbob Premium Member

back in my younger days, we called the girls at closing time, 10 ta 2 gals, i was just looking for something warm, n so were they

9. piscatorial warrior

piscatorial warrior Premium Member

I've never gone to bed with an ugly woman......I have woke up with a few though.:yikes:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  10. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

You lower your standards to raise your average!

11. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin Premium Member

Trailer trash with nothing to do but wait for a welfare check love to fish too! Lol

Nah, I can't really say that with a serious face. I know more "trailer trash" that are cleaner and more respectable than suburbanites. Never could figure that out. Some people have beautiful home, vehicles, toys, whatever and they trash them. Then again, I learned long ago not to concern myself with places I don't pay any bills at.

12. BMARKS

BMARKS

they cant close the river, just the access site. river is a navigable waterway.

13. MoJoRisin'

MoJoRisin'

Sorry to tell you they can close the river.....just not for a few hours at a time. Examples...L manistee, lower platte (several seasons years ago to the mouth).

sportsman98 and Sparky23 like this.
  14. BMARKS

BMARKS

They can close it to fishing, but they are still public property and can be traversed by the public.

15. Sparky23

Sparky23

There sure is a ton of miles of river that are close to anyone that doesn't wanna fish with a fly that are home to some of the biggest violations in the state but since they're doing it with the fly it's OK