close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home made drift boats?

Discussion in 'FlyTyingForums.com, Fly Tying, Trout Fishing' started by STONE FLY, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin Premium Member

I've never been on a drift boat. I suppose I should do that sometime.

2. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

GET OUR AND GIVE IT A TRY.

It is the best way of river fishing that you can ask for. Depending on the river, and time of year it is quiet, peaceful, and so relaxing even if you are the one on the stix's. It was my preferred method for a lot of years, I have tried wading, canoes, toons, and even a yak once, the drift boat beats them all. Too bad I have gotten so old now that I am not comfortable being the one responsible for others when on the stix's in some water, but I still enjoy riding along.

D

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Premium Member

I have a small pontoon but I have a hard time getting any use out it due to having to have a spotter. Most of the time my fishing is spontaneous, so its just easier to put on the waders. I did hire a guide for my son last year, so he drifted the PM in style, but not me. Maybe next year.

4. STONE FLY

STONE FLY

My boat might be more of a dory than a drift boat, but its a decent river boat. Nothing super special about a drift boat over the other methods, but for a older person it is more comfortable, probly wont tip it over, less likely to drop stuff in the river and loose it. The spotter issue is my problem too. Thats why I`m thinking for some rivers I could motor up, drift back. Might get more use out of it.
    IMG_5287.JPG
    IMG_3794.JPG IMG_3794.JPG

flyrodder46 likes this.