Highly recommended maintenance for Pflueger Arbor 7430 and 7435 reels

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by MickL, Aug 5, 2020.

1. MickL

MickL

I've had a 7435 spinning reel for 6 yrs. Was still working good until recently when it suddenly locked-up while retrieving. One of the 3 screws (the front one) that attach the arm (or foot) to the housing fell out and wedged between the housing and the rotor. It would have been real easy for me to check the tightness of that screw when having the rotor off for routine cleanings, but i don't think i ever did.

Unfortunately that screw also got caught up in the anti-reverse mechanism spring and dislodged it. I tried to reinstall that small spring but couldn't get it back on..... my hands aren't real steady anymore, and maybe a special tool/pliers is needed.

Bottom line: check tightness of that arm screw whenever you have the rotor off.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  2. Fishndude

Fishndude

Send a message to Tin Canary. I'll bet he could get that fixed for you, while cleaning, and lubing your reels.

6Speed likes this.

3. MickL

MickL

I think my anti-reverse spring issue is resolved. I emailed Pure Fishing technical assistance and told them my problem. They said there's no easy way to re-install the spring. They offered to do it (no charge), so i mailed the reel to them today. My opinion of Pure Fishing has risen a notch.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    tincanary likes this.
  4. tincanary

tincanary

That's really cool they offered to take care of it. For what it's worth, the spring is under the rotor assembly. One nut holds it all to the body of the reel.

Fishndude likes this.