Higgins Lake, "da man"

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Amos, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Amos

Amos

I remember a few of last years posts regarding Higgins Lake and a highly recommended guide/fisherman for that area. Can anyone provide me with contact info for this highly regarded individual? I'm damned determined to catch a trout thru the ice this winter, and trying to leave no stone unturned. Any help is appreciated. If someone else has a trout fishery near them and are willing to show me the ropes, it would be appreciated. Thanks for any info.

Rocky419 likes this.
  2. Firefighter

Firefighter

Rocky419 likes this.

3. lakertaker08

lakertaker08

You can google him or his fb page, Hooked up on Higgins Lake. When Higgins has ice he reports each day.

4. Amos

Amos

5. swampbuck

swampbuck

Yup, Bob will hook you up. You can also get updates on his Facebook page..Hooked up on Higgins Lake

And unless someone else is getting in the game, he is also the only guide here.

Rocky419 and Howard Baumann like this.
  6. Amos

Amos

Unfortunately, I received a review from a fellow member that was far from flattering. I'd like to hear of experiences that any others may have had with him. Any way that I can get out and learn to catch whities and lakers on Higgins I'm up for. Would love to hook up with someone to learn the ropes, if someone is willing to take an old man out.

7. paddy o

paddy o

I'll take you out.

Whites are hard to come by. Lakers we should get. Not big but some tight lines.

That said, I've never been out with Bob, but my gut tells me the review you heard was the anomaly. People are always posting how great their trips were with him. If he ain't catchin em on a given day, my guess is not many other people are either.

Let me know when you head this way and we'll get some ice time. I don't have a machine though, so I tend to walk my ass off. Just FYI.

Rocky419 likes this.
  8. swampbuck

swampbuck

I don't know him well, just a fellow local in a very small community. I will continue to recommend him.

Good luck in your pursuit.

9. Amos

Amos

I have a two man machine I can bring. (a WILcraft - check them out on youtube) I would prefer not to "walk my ass off". Too much arthritis in these joints. Would really appreciate if we could get out together.

10. Amos

Amos

You are correct. It could just be an anomaly. Would be nice to hear from others that may have had experience fishing with him.

Rocky419 likes this.
  11. swampbuck

swampbuck

There are reviews on his fb page.

12. fishallday44

fishallday44

I went out with him one morning maybe 8 years ago, I recommend him. It was first ice and non-stop flags for lakers. Whitefish fishing with a rod and reel was a blast. Caught a few master angler whitefish...

Rocky419 likes this.
  13. Amos

Amos

appreciate the info. I love catching whitefish. Would like to see what it is like catching lakers.

Rocky419 likes this.
  14. swampbuck

swampbuck

I wouldn't expect much whitefish action, population crashed a few years ago. Lakers are good and big pike possible. There are Bows, but I don't think he guides for those.

15. Amos

Amos

Too bad on the whitefish. Still, it would be great to get into some lakers.