He's Gen3 won't turn on

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by cb2176, May 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM.

1. cb2176

cb2176

Tuesday, when I arrived at the launch I turned both sonars on as we got the boat prepped (bow has a hds gen2, console a hds gen3)

To the point - the plug wasn't put in. Upon parking the truck and walking back to the dock I immediately noticed the boat didn't look right... pulled it back out and drained the water....

The Front Lowrance Gen2 stayed on (the entire trip till I powered it off later when we were done).... about the same time we were reloading the boat on to the trailer to drain water, the console Gen3 screen (only 30 days old, and new outta the box) went black...

any simple ideas??? I'm a newbie.

I gave everything a once over today after leaving all the compartments open to dry out. All of the fuses for the 5 batteries and any other fuse I found (there's always 1 we miss) were still good....the gen2 turned on just now but still no power to the gen3.

The bow has a Minn kota 60 amp circuit breaker for the TM, that's fine. TM didn't have any problems. Nothing I'm aware of anywhere on the boat is affected, other than the new Hds gen3 won't turn back on....

Being only 30 days old, unless u guys have my "easy" fix answer.... a trip back to the dealer...

2. piketroller

piketroller

It should be wired into the main accessory panel. Do all the other accessories work?

3. cb2176

cb2176

Yes. I swapped units from bow to console and it powers up. So atleast I know the unit is fine. Gotta figure out if it' a fuse or power cord issue for the console...

4. piketroller

piketroller

By accessories I meant all the other things switched at the helm - lights, livewell pump, etc.

5. cb2176

cb2176

Everything works.... except whichever sonar is plugged in on the console. Swapping them from bow to console proved that both units were fine... no power to the console unit.

All the switches work, live well, lights, bilge, radio's....etc...

Multimeter took a dump so I gotta get a new 1.

6. piketroller

piketroller

Sounds like you have already isolated the circuit that isn’t supplying any power (or not enough voltage). You could probably take care of this without a multimeter. My guess is there is an inline fuse hiding somewhere in the power supply that you haven’t found yet.