Helping picking out an air rifle to deal with varmints in my yard

Discussion in 'Air Guns' started by De4dC3ll, Feb 22, 2020.

1. tincanary

tincanary

I think Charlie Da Tuna makes a trigger for that one. He makes triggers for most of the Benjamin, Crosman, and Gamo spring guns. I had a Crosman Nitro Venom some years back, threw in a GRT-III and it was far more accurate due to the much less pull weight and travel. I've heard that the Benjamin NP Trail XL has a decent one out of the box so I really couldn't say how well it would work on yours. https://www.charliedatuna.com/GRT-III Trigger New.htm

MichiFishy likes this.
  2. wpmisport

wpmisport

Benjamin in .17 brake barrel is fast and will take out any varmints in my yard.

MichiFishy likes this.

3. kappa8

kappa8 Premium Member

Following. Been wanting an air rifle for quite a while, but the one's I've shot are *loud*.

4. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

Shoot a heavier pellet to slow em down and reduce noise. I have a Benjamin Marauder (m-rod) in .22 that loves 18g jsb heavies. The m-rod is more of an entry pcp, is big, heavy and quiet. Body shots on crows at 50 yards are not a problem, or just shoot them in the head.

5. Dom

Dom

Another vote here for Benjamin, I use the Marauder Pistol with the Rifle stock, in .22 using lead pellets, with a brake. It's a PCP and I keep the pressure up around 2000+ with a hand pump. Does the job on woodchucks, rabbits, and squirrels.

6. slowpoke

slowpoke

I have a RWS 54 177 cal. that I brought new. I killed coons, squirrels, woodchucks many other things. It is very accurate. I'm getting old and don't use it anymore. If you can afford one that is what I would get. I did not regret buying mine.