Help/ideas on mounting..

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by Rumischno, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Rumischno

Rumischno

So I have an older 16’ Alumicraft with a really old bow mounted Minn Kota on it. Also a really old fish finder. By really old, I mean it’s dads..and I’m 50 ish. Anyway, got a newer ff that we want to mount up in the bow. We’re looking for ideas/suggestions on how/where to mount the transducer other than to the bottom of the old electric. Yes, I know.. I do want the I pilot but just haven’t scratched the right ticket yet. Feel free to start a go fund me for itt!,,

2. piketroller

piketroller

There are stand alone transducer sticks. The Da Ducer is one of the nicer ones, but there are also simpler ones that mount in a plastic rod holder mount (I think Scotty has one). Some are marketed as transducer mounts for kayaks since those don’t have transoms. Garmin makes a separate mount for Panoptics that you can turn different directions, and Traxstech has there own version out now too. You can always snake the cable through the boat and put it in the transom. But if you want to look directly under the bow, the trolling motor is the best place.

3. Rumischno

Rumischno

Thank you!! I’ll definitely look into that. I’ll buy the ipilot when I scratch the right ticket