Hello from Metro Detroit

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DavidMichigan3, Nov 16, 2020.

1. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

You can hunt until the end of Dec. TONS of "doe tags" for the area.

DavidMichigan3 likes this.
  2. DavidMichigan3

DavidMichigan3

Really? Thanks!

For some reason, I saw that it was only for two weeks. That's a load off my shoulders! Thanks a lot!

3. DavidMichigan3

DavidMichigan3

4. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Lots of new regs for this season is extending hunting. Having access to private property opens up all kinds of chances to hunt. Ray, the owner of Hotshot Outfitters, can provide that access. I have used him for several years. Many have been hunting with him for a VERY long time and drive long distances too. On large party, who has been hunting with him for a long time drives out from Vermont and New Hampshire. A couple drive up from North Carolina.

Read the hunting guide to learn the season options. I would be hunting till the end of the year but I am done for the season. I got the two I wanted, one of them out of one of Hotshot's blinds. The other a Monroe county deer.

Good luck!

5. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

Look at muzzle loader seasons, and late private land doe. Read it all, it's not well written. You still have time.

Some others in here may be able to explain the seasons better. I have to leave. Pulling all my duck hunting stuff out of the water today and I have to run.

DavidMichigan3 likes this.
  6. DavidMichigan3

DavidMichigan3

I'll study it closer. Thanks.

7. Fishndude

Fishndude

There is a small herd of deer that live in the median of I-94, just on the east side of Metro airport. Nobody should hunt there, lol

8. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Private land antlerless will be your best bet with a rifle in Southern lower MI. You can use your rifle during muzzle loader season in certain counties specified in the hunting guide as well.