hello fro Alaska 2014

Discussion in 'Michigan Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by chessielover, Dec 4, 2014.

1. chessielover

chessielover

Lk Louise Alaska about 180 miles E of Anc.
    Well, another trapping season is upon us, and I hope everyone is having a productive season.

I am sorry that I have not been on, but I have been having issues with my computer. Time to find the money, to get a new one, before this one dies.

Ginger has not been doing well so I have not done any duckhunting, or any early rat trapping. I just have not had the heart to leave her at home (this is the first time in 26 years that I have not gone duck hunting). I also have been spending the fall building a log cabin for my neighbor. It is a big project that I have been doing mostly by myself and I wanted to at least get the roof completed before we got lots of snow.

It has been another year with poor populations of critters and little snow, so I have hardly done any trapping. I have been going down to the creek chasing otter, along with a few mink and wolves. The otter were doing lots of moving before the season, but the temps got real cold, so have hardly moved since. With hardly any snow, I could only set a few snares for wolf and fox.

I did pick up this nice otter in a crossover.

[IMG http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq227/aktrapperbrad/PA270083_zpsa69cde9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I also picked up 2 nice mink and a large cherry red vixen. Unfortunately Photobucket quit working on me, so no pics.

Over Thanksgiving week we were able to finish the roof, just before the snows started on Sunday, so with 8 in. of fresh white stuff, I hope to get out and do more trapping.

I will try to keep everyone updated and hope to fix the photo problem, until then, good luck and tight chains.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  2. maddiedog

maddiedog

This is my favorite thread of the year! I don't even tap but love the pictures. This could go on all year and it would be fine with me!

3. Hawgleg

Hawgleg

Welcome back! Cant wait for the stories.

4. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Glad to see this thread pop back up. I to do not trap but enjoy following along with the adventures and the pictures of Alaska sure don't hurt either.

5. Hartland-Hunter

Hartland-Hunter

Welcome back Brad.... I've been waiting all year to follow your trapping adventures in Alaska. May your season be bountiful....

6. bobberbill

bobberbill

Always my favorite thread. Looking forward to your adventures..Thanks. BB

7. eyeball

eyeball

Thanks for taking the time Brad! Like others have said, this is always a great thread!!!

8. Fur-minator

Fur-minator

Good to hear from you Brad!

I hope the season straightens out for you with some nice weather and plentiful fur!

9. SteelieArm14

SteelieArm14

Finally!!! i have been waiting all fall for this thread. Thank you for taking us along and good luck this season.

10. dankoustas

dankoustas

Always a great thread, looking forward to it.
    DAn

11. chessielover

chessielover

Lk Louise Alaska about 180 miles E of Anc.
    Thanks for the replies:).

I forget, sometimes, that whaI feel is boaring, everyday stuff, is intresting for others.

Here is a few pics. I hope they work ok. I used them as an attachment off my computer,not off PhotoBucket

nice otter
    PA270083 (640x480).jpg

working on the cabin
    P9290070 (640x480).jpg

Ginger checking out the Red
    PA300086 (640x480).jpg

Big buck mink that found a blind set
    PA310088 (640x480).jpg

12. hawgeye

hawgeye

My favorite thread! Cabin looks nice.

13. David G Duncan

David G Duncan Premium Member Mods Sponsor

Hi Brad,

Good to see you up on-line and posting again.

June had another great deer hunting season with two nice bucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry to hear Ginger is slowing down. Give her a big hug from me. I miss her early morning greetings as I would roll out of my sleeping bag during the time I spent living with the both of you.

Winter is setting in nicely here in Hay River and I am looking forward to opportunity to work with the youth trapping education program again this season.

Looking forward to you many stories this season about your adventures out on the trap lines.

Best Regards,

Dave

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  14. 50incher

50incher

Let me add a big..."glad to see ya back" !.....good trapping this season....I hope this year you get the winter we had last year!! :lol:

A great dog will melt your heart, .....best wishes for your Ginger, sincerely....

15. deLabé

deLabé

Glad to see you back on here! Don't want to just be a lurker. I really enjoy your posts and pictures.