Heddon Tadpolly Lure

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by frenchriver1, Jun 11, 2010.

1. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

What was the name of the smallest Heddon tadpolly type lure? Thought it was the tiny tad, but not sure. I believe it had a single treble, versus two small trebles.

2. Mags

Mags Banned

You are correct, it was called the Tiny Tad. I still have 6 of the original ones, and they all have 2 small trebles on them. Great little lure in faster water.

3. Swamp Monster

Swamp Monster Premium Member

What a great lure!! Drop those things back into likely hides and hang on!! Worked great in fast water has mentioned. The Flatfish for slower current and the tadpolly for fast current.....a deadly combination for any fish!

4. wally-eye

wally-eye Guest

Great lure. I have a nice mess of them that are late 60s real early 70s models that were left to me by my dad.................

5. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

Thanks for the confirm, wanted to get a few more on EBay of the oldies for my son as the one he has works great up in Canada for smallies...

6. BUGBOAT

BUGBOAT

The Tiny Tad was a pretty popular lure in its day. Still good for coho trolling in Lake Mich. It has two small treble hooks. Actually the smallest Tadpoly was a Wee Tad. It only had one small treble and was not shaped at all like the others in the Tadpoly line. It never caught very many fish for me.