Heard a rifle shot tonight

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting Regulations, Proposals, and Law Debat' started by eye-sore, Oct 14, 2020.

1. eye-sore

eye-sore

Oh I got all kinds of stories. 2 years ago he literally pushed every section of woods within a mile of his house on the last day of rifle. Multi cam pics by multiple neighbors.his fun is over

2. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

We used to mess with a neighbor who called the DNR every time he heard a shot later in the evening. If he kept them watching all of us he got away with pretty much what ever he wanted. He was our top poacher.

jiggin is livin and Petronius like this.

3. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Tribal tags? Season is open for firearms.

4. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Lot to be said for minding your own business.

5. Soignie

Soignie

So he trespasses, and you suspect him of poaching as well as being a general nuisance to your neighborhood and the only action you have taken is to come on here and bitch? It's time to put up or shut up.

6. Macs13

Macs13

You'd be OK with your neighbor rifle shooting deer in the middle of archery season? Not I, said the fly. Report that fool.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

7. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

I'm okay with minding my own business. But we can look at it from your perspective. If what we have read about this individual is accurate. He is very active in his pursuit. The DNR shows up to investigate he'll know someone ratted on him. (I realize the opinion on "ratting" is generational.) But he'll most certainly retaliate against whoever he thinks is to blame. Odds are good he'll pick the wrong person and target someone who is completely innocent of your drama. So, by informing (ratting) you've done unintentional harm.

Are you okay with that?

8. evergreen257

evergreen257

having hunted all over the northeast for 60 years only on public land my one observation on michigan public is how cautious mich deer are.they are almost always ready to flee at the slightest intrusion.riding a atv through pa open land deer sightings are fairly regular.they may stand for a few seconds then mill off into the laurel.putting around huron national forest before deer season on my silent rider I have never had a deer stand an look at me.you only get a flash as they head for the hills.night poaching has alot to do with it.deer movement during the day is very poor.most of my deer cam pics are at night.just my2 cents

9. Macs13

Macs13

Well, considering that I'm a certified a hole, I'd be OK with hitting the guy in the mouth and letting it play out from there. Not everyone's cup of tea, but i believe that the only way to reach men that think they're above the law is often by hitting them in the mush.

10. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Sounds like a great idea. That way you can both spend the night in the same cell.

11. Cat Power

Cat Power

Can’t wait to see how this ends.

6Speed and JimP like this.
  12. Macs13

Macs13

Round 2: BEGIN!

13. Cat Power

Cat Power

It’s been a few days since you reported your neighbor, What happened?

14. eye-sore

eye-sore

Still waiting for a call back from the dnr......

15. Cat Power

Cat Power

Anything happen with your neighbor?