Healing the Sick

Discussion in 'Sportsmen of Faith' started by Brian Berg, May 12, 2018.

1. Brian Berg

Brian Berg Premium Member

When Jesus spoke of healing the sick in the great commission, He may not have only talking about physical healing.He very well could have been talking of healing the spiritually sick. Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
    Because in Mark 2:17 it says
    "When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
    On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

We can't be afraid to go to meet the lost where they're at. We need to be bold and courageous enough to get down in the mud with them to pull them out. Being a Christian isn't all about being nice, neat, and orderly. Sometimes is spiritual combat.

2. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

So what does this look like?

3. Brian Berg

This world is filled with lost people; those who wouldn't see life after death. Find the ones in your life. Maybe even family members.

Junto beans likes this.
  4. FullQuiver

FullQuiver

I meant saving them, I know what lost looks like just was wondering what your idea of "getting down in the mud and pulling them out" looks like? Not trying to be disrespectful here but I see far too many who know how too talk and yet walking things out in practical terms isn't happening... I would love to have a phone conversation or face to face with you about this some time....

5. Brian Berg

Yeah, discussing human failures isn't a tasteful topic, especially in an open forum.

FullQuiver likes this.
  6. Brian Berg

PM sent..