close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Harbaugh

Discussion in 'High School and College Football' started by U of M Fan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Dish7

Dish7

I didn't here that but yeah him and every other coach in America. Alabama has been the measuring stick for every program for the last ten years. He also said when he took the job at Michigan that MSU's program was the model of excellence and consistency that he wanted U of M to get back to. That is what coaches do. Compete. To be the best you play the best. SMH.

2. luv2havemoartime

luv2havemoartime

OK, Rain Man. When you decide to put your Wizard computer away and talk common sense, give the group a shout out.

3. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

Brown deserves a raise. Love to be a fly on the wall when he gets home ranting to his wife about the offense.

U of M Fan likes this.
  4. pescadero

pescadero

Sorry I prefer actual data over hot takes and feelings ball.

5. jrose

jrose

5 turnovers against MSU, not sure if that is actually helps any coach.

6. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

The difference is Dantonio has won the Big 10 three times and has made it to the playoffs once. He knows how to win big games and Harbaugh doesn't.

Larry Kirwan likes this.
  7. Dish7

Dish7

When Harbaugh has been at U of M for 10 years we'll compare them. Or in case you don't know Mark D's record for his first three years, 22-17 with 3 bowl losses. Not exactly winning the big games then. Yes they made the playoffs once... and got embarrassed.

Boardman Brookies likes this.
  8. luv2havemoartime

luv2havemoartime

Ahhhh yes, and both teams were really in the same shape when each coach started.:coco:

9. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

Saban won it all in his 3rd year at Alabama. Dabo won the ACC his 3rd year at Clemson. Harbaugh hasn't finished better than 3rd in his division of his conference.

10. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

And unless I am mistaken, Urban Meyer won it all in his 3rd year at that school in Ohio.

11. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

He is righting the wrongs of the last decade. I’m excited where the program is going. Just a few months ago you would read about another 4 or 5 start kid has committed. Good things are on the way.

hoffie1 and Dish7 like this.
  12. Dish7

Dish7

U of M was 46-42 and spiraling downward under the two coaches before Harbaugh. The program was not in good shape.

This is his 3rd year. Hopefully we'll finish higher than 3rd. If not, given their youth, they still will be okay.

So that's the measuring stick for coaches now. National title in three years or you're no good. LMFAO! Saban and Meyer are hands down the best NCAA football coaches in America. Swinney is very good but time will tell about consistency. He should win the powerful football conference, ACC. If national titles in 3 years are the bar, why are all you Sparty's bringing DanAtonio into the the conversation? He is a great coach as well, no question. The OP was asking the U of M fans how they felt about Harbaugh's coaching performance. Not how he compares to Mark DanAntonio. Typical Sparty though, you got the win this year so come out of the woodwork and set fires all over East Lansing. SMH.

13. Sasquatch Lives

Sasquatch Lives

The measuring stick for ELITE coaches. Harbaugh is paid in the same range as these guys so he should be producing similarly. Any coach entering a new job is basically walking into a bad situation or the previous coach wouldn't have left, so that argument doesn't work.

14. Dish7

Dish7

Yes his pay is elite and hopefully they will get there on the field as well. I believe they will compete for the Big 10 title on a consistent basis in the years to come and by default playoff spots. JMO. As far as walking into bad situations, I agree. Outside of retirement coaches get hired at the expense of their predecessor. I never made that argument, simply responding to those who implied that U of M's program was in good shape when Harbaugh got there. It was not.

15. U of M Fan

U of M Fan

When you say bad shape, what do you mean?

Because the roster last year was stacked and Gary was the only one that he recruited, if I'm not mistaken, that played regularly. Hoke had talent on the field but he obviously was an incompetent coach.

Sasquatch Lives likes this.