Hadden rd.

Discussion in 'Out of State Ice Fishing' started by rippper, Mar 5, 2018.

1. rippper

rippper

Is the shore ice at the end of hadden rd busted up.... Coming up Thursday and debating on bringing quads... Thx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. Scheuer120

Scheuer120

Not sure. We put in a Peninsula and headed that way around Duclos Point. VB seemed like good ice but west of VB area south of Georgina it looked like there was open water so be very cautious. We turned around obviously.

We did put quads in at Sibbold point park but the boat launch wasn’t accessible so we used the beach and got on the ice. Shore ice was breaking on us... I heard afterwards that they were giving out tickets for using the beach. I guess we got lucky, we didn’t know otherwise.

Out of Peninsula between the islands the ice seemed good Drilling thru 18” everywhere basically. Watch the river to the right, there is open water there. Don’t drive in the dark until u know the area.

litg8r likes this.

3. salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Thats the Sand island area...SW of georgina. Ice is never safe there... no matter how cold it gets!

They sunk a quad over there last week.

You can stay closer to the mainland if you want to run down towards the west.

Last I heard hadden was a no go.... but that was last week.

How much is Peninsula getting for parking? I know Taj in Port bolster was getting 15 for a truck and trailer.

litg8r likes this.
  4. rippper

rippper

We decided to leave the quads home and hoof it.... Want to try woods bay but it's a good hike from hadden rd....

Sent from my SM-J727V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

5. litg8r

litg8r

Great advice Brian. Throw in an open ferry channel and you can really get in trouble.

6. Scheuer120

Scheuer120

We were staying there. Sign said $20. Good to know to always stay away from that area.

salmonslammer likes this.