Had to Do it!

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by Joe Archer, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

Sadly, yesterday I changed the lower unit fluid on the motor, yanked the batteries, and buttoned it up for the winter.
    Since I plan on spending 14 of the first 17 days of November in northern Michigan, I didn't want to risk having to pack everything up in winter-type conditions.
    The good news is, now that I am done for the year the rest of you can count on many warm sunny days from mid-November into December.
    <----<<<

Papa Liver, roeha, mofo and 11 others like this.
  2. sledman

sledman

LOL.. did see they are predicting lower 60s
    towards the end of next week.. I’m not a deer hunter but thinking of packing it in myself. Going to wait and see what it looks like next week probably will be windy with the higher temps.

Joe Archer and 6667supersport like this.

3. selectcut

selectcut

Joe I know how you feel too many options here in Michigan in the fall. Last night I did the same thing with the warmer night.

Joe Archer likes this.
  4. Joe Archer

Yeah! Now the only thing left to do before I leave for the north woodlands is cut the dang grass one last (I hope) time!
    <----<<<

milanmark and textox like this.
  5. jumbojake

jumbojake

Its time captain, I'm gona wait couple weeks dare;)get dat buck den bring on dat ice:)

fishnpbr and Joe Archer like this.
  6. piketroller

piketroller

That means even more fish for those of us still out there. Next week looks good, but maybe a little windy.

textox and Joe Archer like this.
  7. textox

textox

More than likely too true to be funny, I'm hoping for snow on or before 11/15.I too drained and filled my lower unit today,didn't remove the batteries hoping for 1 more
    fishing outing..

Joe Archer likes this.
  8. Fiskr Hundr

Fiskr Hundr

Since I can't go chasing Steelhead in Manistee this year, the only way to get my fishing fix is to hold off putting her to bed for the winter. Hoping to squeeze in an outing or 2 in the next couple of weeks myself.

Joe Archer and textox like this.
  9. Old lund

Old lund

I hear ya joe I was thinking of putting the boat to bed this weekend but after seeing those temps in the 60s next week I could do another trip for convicts or two . Deer camp sure dose like the perch and walleye dinners we have

Joe Archer and jumbojake like this.
  10. FFPO

FFPO

Although I would never brag about Evinrude after the BS they pulled this summer... the nice thing about the etec G2 is you can see your lower unit oil in the expansion reservoir, so there is no need to replace it if you can't see water in it. And you can winterize it by hitting a few buttons in 90 seconds. With my heated garage, I don't know if I plan to winterize this year. You never know when a 50 degree day in December may be appealing...

11. Rumischno

Rumischno

Yup!!! Especially looking at the forecast for next week!!!!

Joe Archer likes this.
  12. Jimbos

Jimbos

Talking about lower unit oil, I did mine about 10 days ago and this year was the first year the I used synthetic oil in the lower put in last October, and the stuff come out looking perfect, brand new perfect with zero crap on the magnetic plug.
    I'm not advocating anything but I was pretty impressed.

Joe Archer likes this.
  13. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

Yeah I'm done too, I can get my boat out if I want to but I know I wont go out in the cold... bad enough for deer hunting! Unhappy I missed out on the perch maybe next year!

Joe Archer likes this.
  14. PACRAT

PACRAT

Joe I hope none of your good friends accidently fertilizes your lawn for you. :evil:

15. Joe Archer

Told ya!
    <----<<<

roeha, Old lund and textox like this.