Hack to keep Hooks and other small tackle from moving around in plastic tackle tray

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Steve, Jun 11, 2020.

1. The Fishing Pollock

The Fishing Pollock

I put all my hooks on safety pins. That way they are easy to grab off and dont mix up with themselves or flop into a different compartment in the box

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

That's a great idea too.

3. BillBuster

BillBuster

Great idea Steve!

4. mjh4

mjh4

Ever pick up a full tackle box with the lid not latched. I did it last night what a mess hooks and everything all tangled together. I'm pretty sure I invented a few new curse words that would have made a sailer proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

kisherfisher, 6thMichCav and Scout 2 like this.
  5. Wyandotte

Wyandotte

I really don't have an issue with stuff moving around like that as long as I don't have something just a little too high in one of the compartments that causes a gap I don't realize. I am going to go with the safety pin idea. Different pins for each size. Thanks for that tip.

6. Zig Zag

Zig Zag

7. Chessieman

Chessieman

koditten likes this.
  8. Smallie12

Smallie12

Empty pill bottles work too. The tan ones that you can see thru are best but you can always put a label on there with a piece of masking tape and sharpie. When I pack light and don't want to hassle with tackle boxes I do that by putting some hooks, swivels, splitshot, and whatever else may fit into these (just enough for the days outing) and then into a small backpack or whatever with my lunch and necessities.

bustapapa likes this.
  9. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

On the pier forum I made a report where I use magnets to add weight to casting spoons. I also use those magnet calendars that you put on your refrigerators. I put a 3" x 5" in a small plano tray and it holds small hooks in place.