Guide suggestions for St Marys Atlantic fishing in July

Discussion in 'Upper Peninsula Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by Red Dog04, May 6, 2018.

1. Red Dog04

Red Dog04

Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a guide for St Marys river Atlantic fishing in late June/early July. Looking for a boat fishing experience- no wading. Thanks!

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

itchn2fish likes this.

3. Red Dog04

Red Dog04

Thanks for the suggestions. I will post a report in July.

upmounty likes this.
  4. gino

gino

Rivers North Guide Service. I have never fished with them, but have seen him catch many fish by the Power Plant while I was fishing from the wall. You can check out his web site at riversnorth.net.

5. Fishndude

Fishndude

6. gino

gino

My son and I fished with John one time on his boat for Atlantics. We were back drifting with flies and also jigging Fin-S minnow. He is very good and we had a very good day!

I was under the impression the Original Poster was looking for someone on the American side of the River. That is why I did not recommend John.

7. Gordon Casey

Gordon Casey

If you haven't fished in Canadian water you will soon learn that fishing is a "blood sport" to the locals. Everyone is secretive , cut throat, screw you if it gets an advantage. They are great people if they aren't fishing--see them on the water and watch out. John Giuliani is the best guide on the water, he's usually booked early so you need to act quick. He's on the water every day, I don't know when he sleeps. June/july is the best time to fish the Sault. The atlantic population is stable and they should be available then--if they're there John will get them.
    Don't waste you time targeting other fish. Salmon are virtually non-existent. There is a resident population of rainbow but fishing any trout river in Michigan will get you better results by far. Only thing left is whitefish which can be caught at any time if you know what your doing.

8. jasonssmfd

jasonssmfd

9. jasonssmfd

jasonssmfd

Hello there! I am Jason with truenorthguideservice.com or
    https://m.facebook.com/Truenorthguideservice/ There are many guides here and we will all work hard to put you on some great fishing and great time! check out either of my sites and give me a call if you'd like! we have great fishing through august too!
    Jason[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  10. hawgeye

hawgeye

What's the preferred method for Atlantics? I wouldn't mind trying it this summer.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

11. jasonssmfd

jasonssmfd

12. upmounty

upmounty

jeesh jason i already recommended ya lol

jasonssmfd likes this.
  13. MapleRiverSalmon

MapleRiverSalmon

You have to be the most pessimistic person I have ever encountered. There is good salmon/trout fishing in the Sault. I live 4 hours away and everytime I go up I wreck fish. Sounds to me you just don’t care much for fishing...

Atlantic’s in the sault are a riot! Gotta be one of the hardest fighting fish I’ve ever caught for sure! Deff worth pursuing

Munuscool, Larry Kirwan and mfs686 like this.
  14. hawgeye

hawgeye

How do you fish for them? Trolling spoons? Stickbaits? Jigging? I'd like to make a trip up this year. TY

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app