Ground Zero-CWD Zombie Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by syonker, Dec 6, 2019.

1. syonker

syonker

From Patrick Durkin Outdoors, November 15, 2019

https://www.patrickdurkinoutdoors.com/post/wisconsin-s-huge-deer-herd-won-t-generate-record-harvest

Daniel Barr, the pathology sciences supervisor at the Wisconsin Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory in Madison, reported the lab in 2018 confirmed CWD in 1,063 of 11,019 deer samples from 26 Wisconsin counties, or 9.6% positives. The seven worst counties were Iowa County with 397 CWD cases (26.4%); Richland, 187 cases (13.4%); Sauk, 186 (19.8%); Dane, 124 (11.3%); Grant, 43 (7.3%); Columbia, 38 (6.8%); and Lafayette, 21 (13.5%).

Based on each county’s infection percentages, Barr also found that hunters in those 26 counties likely killed another 5,535 CWD-infected deer and fed the meat to themselves and their families without getting it tested. And based on those 26 counties’ prevalence rates, Barr estimates another 31,329 deer with CWD survived the 2018 hunting season.

2. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

Good to hear. People are eating the meat with no issues and deer are getting shot prior to showing any symptoms.

Might as well stop testing and let everyone get back to their lives.

3. Hillsdales Most Wanted

Hillsdales Most Wanted

Never fear!!!! We have MAPRs in our cwd core area, them prions dont stand a chance:jam-nana:

4. Whitetail Freak

Whitetail Freak

My county didn’t make the apr test study, so most are still only shooting bucks. Another little 8 point was positive for the first test this week.

jr28schalm likes this.
  5. swampbuck

swampbuck

The same can be said about Mad cow (BSE) and Kuru....before it jumped the species barrier.

Cwd is so similar to CJD and dementia, that cases could already have existed, and we would not know, due to the lack of autopsies performed on those with degenerative brain diseases.

Because it hasnt been found in humans, does not mean it doesn't exist in the species, or wont mutate tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

NbyNW, Macs13 and Hunters Edge like this.
  6. Snowlover 77

Snowlover 77

Are you referring to a positive CWD case in Newaygo County? Haven't heard anything about this yet?

7. Whitetail Freak

Whitetail Freak

No Kent county, Nelson township I believe.

8. sniper

sniper

As of today out of the Holly Dnr office.
    Numbers are minuscule, but hey, everyone just freak out!! Ridiculous.
    Whatever you guy’s are doing keep it up, the numbers are almost invisible from last year IMG_0604.JPG IMG_0605.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

9. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

This type of information is what makes you wonder what’s really going on here. Not to say there’s a conspiracy going on, but that’s exactly what I’m about to say. CWD has been around for about 50 years, we knew all about where we hunted in Colorado 20 years ago, and now all of the sudden it’s a major human health risk based on a Canadian study that’s sketchy. It smells of anti-hunters.

d_rek and HUBBHUNTER like this.
  10. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

Listeria kills about 250 people each year, E. coli about 30 more, let’s be honest that’s a result of more demand for organic vegetables. You have to fertilize with feces. However there’s little or no dot connecting between organic vegetables and the diseases. Just general warnings go out. It’s handled differently.

HUBBHUNTER likes this.
  11. Groundsize

Groundsize

Complete joke. The people are loosing interest also as not one single confirmed case of a cross over jump from deer to human ever in history.

12. jatc

jatc

The drive to camp was exponentially more dangerous to my health than the consumption of the deer I’m about to kill this morning, and I am hunting in the “core area”.

The fear monger mentality just needs to stop. These deer are probably carrying a dozen other diseases we just haven’t thought to look for yet. If you are so scared about it that you don’t want to eat a deer, then don’t. But, if that’s one’s decision, then quit hunting and keep your nose out of the battle over deer management and let those of us that still hunt make the rules.

HUBBHUNTER and sniper like this.
  13. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Eat more Chicken ! LOL, nothing being tested on the chicken factories, hence no issues.Absurd !

HUBBHUNTER likes this.
  14. jafurnier

jafurnier

So what would the writer have us do differently that would make a material difference in the future???

15. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

Case in point, the guy that was killed in Arkansas by the deer he thought was dead while tagging. Again, I’m not saying don’t be careful and test, but this CWD in humans thing smells of anti hunters.

HUBBHUNTER likes this.