close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Green Light

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by swamptromper, Feb 8, 2018.

1. swamptromper

swamptromper

The light just changed to green, dare I go ?

Is it me ? Seems like it is now multiple vehicles (almost always a semi-trailer) that go thru a red light lately.

Is a 5 second delay considered being discourteous to the drivers behind me ?

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. UnknwnBanditRowdyTucoRojo

UnknwnBanditRowdyTucoRojo

Tick off five full seconds using a timer or stop-watch. That might seem a touch too long to me.

That said, I never go on green before carefully looking down the road both ways to make sure nothing is still coming through. I am usually actively looking while the light is red for me, and ready to go on green.

Also, I make every effort to stay behind the thick white line in the road when stopping at a signal. I've seen more than my share of nasty accidents at intersections. One of my pet peeves is seeing people who zoom up to red lights in the center turn lane and stop a full car length past the white line or over it, and nearly hanging out in the intersection blocking the opposing people's turn not to mention the danger of being more in the way of potential accidents.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018

3. junkman

junkman

Drive through Dearborn everyday on Schaffer .Enough said about all that.:mad:

4. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

You can go through a green light, get hit, and still get a ticket.

5. capper

capper

Here in south Georgia there are lots of red light runners - so I am always looking both ways before I go. I wait until I'm sure it's clear and don't pay any mind to the people behind me. They wont pay my hospital bills if there's an accident.
    One - of my pet peevs, is all the drivers who cut the corners short and almost take your front end off.

itchn2fish likes this.
  6. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

You have to pay attention, be able to read other drivers like you might read a river you've never been on before. Lots to be said for defensive driving. Only wait if you have to.....

7. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I always make sure cross traffic is stopping before entering the intersection. Saw a kid get killed at 12 Mile and Grosbeck a number of years ago when he took off the second the light turned green, ended up under a steel hauler that couldn't stop in time and the kid couldn't hear his horn due to the thumping stereo that was shaking my truck..........

jiggin is livin likes this.
  8. itchn2fish

itchn2fish

In Germany, you not only get the yellow light before the red light, you get the yellow light before the green light.....not many run red lights in Germany......

9. perchyanker

perchyanker

Having quite a few friends that drive trucks for a living and working with truckers for several years. I try to let people know that they are no suppose to be beyond that big white line at a light.

itchn2fish and jiggin is livin like this.
  10. capper

capper

I'm never over that BIG WHITE LINE. I'm talking about all the people who cut the corners short and almost hit me. If you would learn to friggin read.

itchn2fish likes this.
  11. perchyanker

perchyanker

Geez pal. Just adding to the conversation. Where did I say you went over the BIG WHITE LINE? Get a drink or smoke one.

itchn2fish and jiggin is livin like this.
  12. capper

capper

Just replied to the way you made it sound - like I was over the line. You quoted me - remember?

itchn2fish likes this.