close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great news for ice fishing this year

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by TheLionsFan, Jul 27, 2017.

1. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

2. Sharkbait11

Sharkbait11

Sounds good to me need to make up for all the lost time last year...Hopefully doesnt impact the deer herd much but should be good for walleye hatch!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

I'd just be happy with a year where last ice didn't show up in February.

When I see brutal winter, it reminds me of a few years ago when we had so much snow on top of the lakes that winter kills were common. You'd wade out through knee deep snow and slush, drill a hole, and get a hefty whiff of swamp gas. No thanks

UBDSLO1 likes this.
  4. hawgeye

hawgeye

Stay in the warm water section where you belong!! This is the Ice Fisherman's forum, for those who actually love to ice fish all winter!!!! It will give you extra time to polish your Lund!! I want ice from December 1st to April 1st! Bring on the ice! The more snow the better, keeps the wheelers on shore!

5. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

Hate to tell you this, but I fish the whole year round. Last year I was even on the ice when it still wasn't all that safe, which you could have known if you had seen my post about experiencing my first ice rescue on Haymarsh in December.

Here's hoping you can afford a boat someday!

Cod likes this.
  6. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

Hope the big lakes freeze up too.

jstfish48162 and snortwheeze like this.
  7. hawgeye

hawgeye

Wow you got me on that one!!!! Wish I could afford a boat like you! Must be nice to fish year around.

waterfowl_warrior09 likes this.
  8. RichP

RichP

After the last few years I wouldn't mind a repeat of the extreme '13-'14 season.

9. sureshot006

sureshot006

Ehhh.... well there goes ice this season. Just had to bring it up, eh? ;)

10. droptine989

droptine989

a solid 8 inches with a little snow on the bay is all I want. January to March and I'm good

11. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

I'm a all species angler. I fish year round and have a boat, something about ice fishing that I absolutely love. Even though I'm targeting pan fish I have a blast. Im hoping for another hard winter. Couple years ago I was on the ice for 5 months it was awesome. Last year I was out on some of the sketchy ice I've been on. Never spud so much in my life

rockandtroll likes this.
  12. sureshot006

sureshot006

IMO, kind of asked for it a little when saying you want lots of snow to keep quads on shore.

It is nice fishing year round. But, there is something about ice fishing that soft water will never be. Not sure what it is... it just "is".

13. hawgeye

hawgeye

Hahaha, just giving it back, I fish year around, have owned boats since I was old enough to drive one. Trolling is about the most boring way to catch a fish IMO. I Just like fishing through the ice better. I spend most of my time on my Harley in the summer but I will be heading out to fish for some perch this weekend.

Here's hoping you can afford a snowmobile someday!

14. sureshot006

sureshot006

lol thanks for that. There's a difference between being able to afford and actually purchasing something. Explaining any more than that would require a huge brag.

yeah trolling is the most boring for sure. Lots of other methods though. But yeah there's something about ice fishing that's more fun (for most species).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017