Grand Traverse Area 2017/18

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by Randyflash, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Randyflash

Randyflash

Seeing reports of ice forming in the Cadillac area...I would imagine shallow lakes in TC area should be starting to skim over by now...I’m not looking to fish your spot but trying to get a gauge of how far along we are in the ice making process...if you have an ice report for TC please post...any update would be appreciated

Epinephrine likes this.
  2. Shamus Megill

Shamus Megill

Small lakes off M72 are covered. Who knows how much is there but it's in the making. South Lake Leelanau first bay was frozen over when I drove by Saturday.

3. ajhallfr

ajhallfr

I'm hoping my go-to lake isn't froze up yet with all this snow, bit it's too far out of my way to check.

Keep the ice reports coming.

4. Shamus Megill

Shamus Megill

AJ if it is a smaller lake, it will be locked up and accumulating snow. If its larger it may have a chance to have enough movement where it hasn't locked up yet so there is hope if it is Long Lake size or larger.

5. Plowboy357

Plowboy357

Had a solid inch on spider lake sunday evening, hoping for good ice by Friday. The strong wind last night was kind enough to blow most of the snow off the ice.

6. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Heavy snow isn’t helping....

7. dtm88

dtm88

Has anyone checked ice lately?

8. Plowboy357

Plowboy357

Guys fishing on very south end of spider lake ( Hobbs Hwy ) last sunday, I had 2-3" this morning on north end. Should be good to go by Sun/Mon with the deep freeze

9. ajhallfr

ajhallfr

I haven't been out towards Skeg at all, any reports on ice there? I'm pretty sure it's still a little early, but I may try to take a trip over there Friday just to check conditions.

flintfisher44 likes this.
  10. bassnbucks

bassnbucks

Green lake still had open water today. Duck is locked up and snow free but I didn't see any tracks on it. South leelanau had open water on west side still. Silver is locked up and has been snow free for a few days.
    I drive by these lake s for work but don't carry a spud. Hope this helps.

Outdoor2daCore and skagitmaster like this.
  11. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

I’ll check Skegemog tomorrow for ya Ajhallfr I gotta run an errands nearby anyway

ajhallfr likes this.
  12. evil eye's

evil eye's

What lakes are ready up in the tc this weekend thanks

13. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

I’d say none this weekend but several should be by next weekend, I checked Skegemog and several others in the area, only found 2-3” depending on area of gray mediocre ice, also 4-5” of fresh snow doesn’t help.

14. papadale13

papadale13

Went Long Lake TC area, talk to guy checking suicide launch and store said both places have 2 inches of ice

skagitmaster likes this.
  15. fishgtbay

fishgtbay

Go to sport fish michigan facebook page it has Chad Diltz with a video on a "TC" lake and it has people on ice in background ....from this year....Be careful out there!!!!

jathward likes this.