Grand River in Grand Ledge have Jaycee Park

Discussion in 'South West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by ogie, Apr 29, 2018.

1. ogie

ogie

Does anyone how deep the glaGrand River is up river from this boat launch? I was thinking about taking the boat out on it but I want to make sure it's not going to eat my prop.

slowpaya likes this.
  2. fishman210

fishman210

It’s not very prop friendly... down river to the dam isn’t bad. High water, if you can read it you will be alright. Normal water, you will be buying a prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

3. ogie

ogie

That's what I was thinking, I was actually surprised there was even a launch there.

4. TrailMarker

TrailMarker

Used to float from North Lansing Dam or Delta Mills all the way down to that launch. It is ankle deep drag your boat at times, and lots of good water other than that. The key to that stretch of river is more canoe based than prop based. Float takes 8+ hours to float and fish it, or at least that's what I remember in between vodka shots. We caught lots of smallmouth, a few catfish, walleye and pike. I used to have a lady back then that enjoyed sitting in the front of the boat navigating and that really helped out a lot for those low water conditions. :coolgleam:coolgleam:shhh::shhh:

5. ogie

ogie

I'll have to give a float a try this summer. Thanks for the tip.