Got talked into camping at pleasant lake...

Discussion in 'South East Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by love2fish93, Apr 20, 2018.

1. love2fish93

love2fish93

Evening, ladies and gents

So I got talked into going to pleasant lake to camp for memorial day. I've never been over that way to fish before, is there any good trout water over that way? I would love to put a couple over the fire if anything is in season. I know the grand isn't too far away from there, but I've never fished that far up.

2. MEL

MEL

Are you talking about Pleasant Lake, north of Jackson? If so, good luck finding any trout water around there.

Aaronjeep2 and love2fish93 like this.

3. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher

4. love2fish93

love2fish93

Unfortunately you’re talking about the right place. There’s a few rivers part of the grand river watershed that are designated streams but they’re a little bit of a drive. Thanks for the info!

5. scooter_trasher

scooter_trasher

There's a couple lakes in jackson co that they stock with rainbows

love2fish93 likes this.
  6. love2fish93

love2fish93

Do you know which ones off hand?

7. addictivefishing12345

addictivefishing12345

Farwell and Swain lakes have been stocked with rainbow trout

love2fish93 likes this.
  8. addictivefishing12345

addictivefishing12345

There's a brook that got stocked with browns not really supposed to mention names on here but its probably on the inland trout stream and lake map but I couldn't find it just by looking at the normal google maps.

love2fish93 likes this.
  9. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Google the Michigan Fish Stocking Database and search by county and species. Lots of good info in there.

10. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

I thought there were some trout in the some of the lakes along the US12 corridor around the junction of M50.....out by the speedway - about 30 min drive or so from where you are camping?? that link above may help.......

love2fish93 likes this.
  11. growninmi

growninmi

Allen Lake in Irish hills was stocked a few times. It's a small weedy lake..have bluegill fished it, never targeting trout, supposedly they are there..

love2fish93 and MISTURN3 like this.
  12. MISTURN3

MISTURN3

another idea is to try going into a sporting goods store where they sell the books that have the lakes of SE Michigan - they list in there all the lakes in the area and what they have surveyed.....glance thru it for 10-20 min (if you don't want to purchase it) and it will show you what species are in what lake, and the sizes, where launches are, etc.

love2fish93 and growninmi like this.
  13. 6Speed

6Speed Premium Member

Rule #1. Never camp on a holiday weekend in anything other than a secluded rustic camp. You'll never get any sleep because of the loud partiers. Ear plugs can help unless they're busting fireworks.

Rule #2, never try to fish on a holiday weekend unless you get in and out early and beat the crowds or have a quiet secret spot.

Rule #3, if you're committed to camping and fishing on a holiday weekend like you are and don't have a safe place to go, try Wisers Very Old Canadian whisky. It goes down like water and you'll sleep great and not even care if you catch any fish all weekend.

Sent in humor and seriousness too. Holiday weekend are the worst camping trips I've ever had and I do LOVE camping!!!

14. love2fish93

love2fish93

Wisers is good, I’ve got a bottle of monkey shoulder for the crowd but I intend to spend some time with my bottles of green and yellow spot that weekend after I beach the kayak for the night. I really don’t plan to sleep a whole lot anyway, they had to have electricity and a bathroom but women will be women. I wanted to find a quiet corner of a state park somewhere up north. It’s so hard to get people to understand that the weaker the cell signal is, the stronger the connection gets.

6Speed likes this.