Got Mead?

Discussion in 'Cooking and Brewing' started by Ray D, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ray D

Ray D

So I started my first batch of mead last night. This got me wondering, knowing that homebrew is so big around here ((South West Michigan) Michigan in gen) is there anyone else out there brewing mead?

Mike likes this.
  2. Ray D

Ray D

I'm starting out by brewing only a gallons worth. I haven't decided if I want to make a melomel or not yet. so as of right now I have a gallon of water and a pound of honey with some yeast and yeast nutrient all mixed together. I will spend the next few weeks contemplating on throwing in some apples or maybe some lavender when I rack it. then let that sit for 3-4 weeks and rack it a third time for a week or two in hopes of clearing it up a bit and then bottle it from there. but if I don't add any apple or lav ill just bottle it after the second rack. thoughts ideas?

3. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

My freind used to make mead out of Arizona ice tea he called it smooth. Was some good stuff.

4. twohats

twohats

Mike likes this.
  5. Ray D

Ray D

im going to rack my first batch off today and throw some lavender buds in to set for a couple months before racking it off again or possibly bottling.