close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good Mid-Michigan Walleye lakes

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by garrettstjohn, Jul 2, 2017.

1. garrettstjohn

garrettstjohn

I need to find some good mid-Michigan inland lakes that have good amounts of walleye and some great hot spots.

2. SWMbruiser

SWMbruiser

Depending on your gear, and desire to travel, doesn't get any better than Saginaw bay in mid Michigan

3. jstfish48162

jstfish48162

Not trying to be a smart @&$ but you have a better chance of getting someone to tell you where to kill a big buck on state land.
    Hot spots on a public inland lake with walleye is going to be kept a secret by those who have spent countless hours figuring out how to catch them.

4. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

Really need to find the closest lake to you with the most stocked walleyes by searching DNR stocking reports and take the next 3-5 years figuring it out and finding the best times to catch them all season long with all the techniques and tackle to catch them, its a very rewarding hobby when you get good at it !

5. garrettstjohn

garrettstjohn

Thanks for the tips guys!

6. piketroller

piketroller

JT Hooker nailed it, but alternatively try trolling a 10 rod planer board spread through the area with the most jet skis and tow boats with obnoxiously loud bad music. I suspect this is where all the walleye hide because there is no fishing pressure in these areas. For quick limits, 4th of July and Labor Day weekends should be your best bets.

Bob D and mbirdsley like this.
  7. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

I like this idea

8. fanrwing

fanrwing

If you watch for a while you will see where the water skiers regularly turn to head the other way. Drift and cast right there, it wil lead to some interesting conversations with your fellow boaters. Or do as J T Hooker suggests.

9. scottyhoover

scottyhoover

Hey this really works! I pull fish out from under jet skis and tubers all the time!
    [​IMG]

To the OP, if I could offer one suggestion, you can find walleye in any dam pond on any river in the southern lower, the grand, the muskegon, the flint, the tittabawassee, the huron.

Good luck on your search.