Golf Course

Discussion in 'Air Guns' started by Janehal, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Janehal

Janehal

Suns out and it is hot..................thought I would go to the golf course.............shot one of the biggest I July 2020.JPG have ever seen

Topshelf and bowhunter426 like this.
  2. thundrst

thundrst

Wow that one is huge. Did you weigh it? LOL Could be a state record! Seriously though, I have not seen many of the ground squirrels around for years. Must be just me. Nice shooting! what are the specifics on the gun?

3. aacosta

aacosta

looks like the big one ate one of the others

4. Janehal

Janehal

I have shot lots of them over the years and that one is by far the biggest. Gun is a FX Wildcat in .25 cal. Super gun and very accurate

5. thundrst

thundrst

Very nice gun! I think that is made is Sweden? I am looking to get into the pre-charged arena eventually, & I would like to go up to .25, but for now they are still out of my price range so will have to live with my Diana .22 springer. Some PCN's are getting close, but I refuse to by anything made in China. Thanks for sharing the info & pics.

6. Setter

Setter

What golf course?

7. BassTech

BassTech

I should put up a bounty. the ground by my cabin literally is CRAWLING with chipmunks. And i am not that far away (chase). Would love to find a nice air gun to use up there to try and clean some of them out.

8. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Suns out guns out. Good shooting.

9. Topshelf

Topshelf

I got invaded by chipmunks at my house this year. I think it was because I was feeding the birds in the winter and they liked the seeds. So I had to pull in all my bird feeders. They are so bad they chewed through the screens on my porch and came in and got the sunflower seeds I was storing there. I've probably killed 15 so far this year. I bought some rat traps and they are deadly on these little bastards. I also picked up a live trap and have caught a couple with it but nowhere near like the rat traps.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bucman likes this.
  10. Janehal

Janehal

Just don"t post any pictures of the Chipmunks........................don't know the DNR's ideas on this...................just my 2 cents

11. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

They are just stripped rats. Dog proofs work great until the mice find the seeds. My Grandson caught 14 of them in one day last summer. The trap was by the garage and he just kept going out to check it after the first 2 and wound up with 14. He says the trapping is not so good this summer.

12. Bucman

Bucman

5840DAA3-2D51-4B0D-B0E7-D4BF414925C0.jpeg Sorry couldn't help myself. 14 and counting now

Topshelf likes this.
  13. Moldman

Moldman

Put black sunflower seeds in trap, they love them.

14. Martin Looker

Martin Looker

Those little striped rats like some peanut butter too.

15. mickeyb

mickeyb

Take a plastic 5-gallon bucket and fill it 1/2 full with water. Throw in some peanuts in the shell and set it somewhere out of sight but accessible to chipmunks. The chipmunks will dive in after the peanuts but will drown because they cannot get out. It is very effective!!