Gobbling report

Discussion in 'MichiganTurkey.com' started by rightnow, May 13, 2018.

1. rightnow

rightnow

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. pinespointhunter

pinespointhunter

Ive heard alot of gobbling and strutting around my place in oceana. Also alot of lone hens.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

itchn2fish likes this.

3. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

2 lone hens no gobbles or toms seen .

4. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

5. JasonSlayer

JasonSlayer

Hunting Hillsdale and Jackson counties, just got my first responses last night on the Jackson county farm.

6. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Birds have been fired up around here. A lot of gobbling and not as many large groups of birds like early on in the season. Buddy’s brother put one down this morning. Came in gobbling like crazy. Another bird way across the field was fired up this morning but we never saw that one.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526233975.326685.jpg

7. old graybeard

old graybeard

Lots of gobbling on the roost in my area, Ingham county. They quiet down once they hit the ground but there's plenty of strutting going on. Watched a Tom this mourning pretty much herd a group of hens away from some jakes.

8. kotimaki

kotimaki

Otsego county....lots of gobbling from the roost , quiet at ground level and starting to see lone hens.

itchn2fish likes this.
  9. john decker

john decker

sunday morning 5/13 in se kent they were very vocal on the roost,and on the ground.that kinda surprised me as it was cloudy and damp. we overshot the spot setting up in the dark,3 of us in the blind.birds were roosted about 90yrds away on the next property over.had to have the shooters move chairs 180 as birds came out behind us.was 6hens,a couple jakes and 4 long beards.buddy dan and I told my wife debb she had first shot.one tom came running in to the 2 dekes and she dropped him at 25 yrds.there was 2 other toms at 50 yrds and headed up the edge and we could MAYBE have doubled or even tripled.we have doubled in this spot 3 times in yrs past.but its that bird in hand thing.we didn't give her a hard time about it and were happy she dropped one.it weighed 24lbs,9in beard and1 1/4 sharp spurs,probably a 3yr old.

gobblergetter likes this.