Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Go To Lure

7K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  MISTURN3 
#1 ·
What's your go to lure.Me I just start throwing everything in the tackle box at them until something happens or I run out of lures to try.

#11 ·
On Erie or we talking about lsc?
@gatorman841

I use them on EVERY lake I fish on whether inland lake or Lake St Claire or even Erie. I catch everything from Pan fish to the occasional pike on accident, but focus on Pan fish. Not sure why they work so damn good, but I fish 99% of the time with just these. I only swap, size and colored beads and then kill them. I randomly bought one and have never looked back. no more minnows for me unless I'm running our miles to fish for Walleye. Even then I popped one on for Walleye and picked up a few over the Rapela with minnow head down the hole next to it.

I am a real believer in this spoon! Such a simple design. Like I said not sure why they work so good, but I'm not swapping it out because I catch a ton of fish on them.

#29 ·
I have respect for raps but hate using them. For one, too many fish get lost by the front or back hook sticking the ice. The other problem is you gotta drill your holes 5' apart so they don't tangle lines.
You have got to take the jigging rapala to another level. Swim it more and they will eat the whole lure, not just target the minnow head.

It has taken my total catch to new levels since I started doing this.
Water Fin Fish Requiem shark Shark
Head Eye Goggles Sunglasses Mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#30 ·
You have got to take the jigging rapala to another level. Swim it more and they will eat the whole lure, not just target the minnow head.

It has taken my total catch to new levels since I started doing this. View attachment 299628 View attachment 299629

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Yeah I know, but they don't always get the whole thing even with no bait on it. If they get stuck with half of it, you've still got that other half sticking out grabbing ice. And when swimming it, still gotta have your holes spread eagle lol

#31 ·
A buddy and I we're fishing east of West sister one winter with very little action. We called up a friend that runs ice charters. He gave us the numbers to his spot as he was just finishing up a morning Charter. They were all limited it out and we're just fun fishing until noon. We came over didn't even have to Auger holes just took over theirs. He told us they were having the best luck and the biggest fish using moonshine color jigging raps, using a 3 in lift and fall technique real gentle like.. we limited out in less than an hour and played catch and release for a few more hours. I still use this gentle lift and fall technique with good success if I can get over them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.