Ghost blinds

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Maple_Ridge, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Love em or hate em?

Do they work well?

2. thill

thill

I neither love them or hate them. Yes, they work.

I bought the shorter model for turkey hunting but also use it for deer hunting. I've killed both turkeys and deer with mine. They feel like a lot to pack in during a hunt, especially if you're not sure you'll use it. I have a friend who is very overweight, like over 350 lbs and he uses the taller version and killed a nice 8 point with his bow while using his. This guy is a lot to conceal, but the blind did it's job.

3. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

Agree. I think I've only used ours twice but my 18 year old son got a lot of use out of it last year while hunting a large buck that appeared on a neighbors farm in mid December. Each night he was setting up for that deer in different places, including several locations that would have been impossible to hunt effectively without the mirror blind.

Dish7, thill and kisherfisher like this.
  4. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

My oldest son was very intrigued with the ghost blind. Might have to get him one this Christmas.Thanks for the positive direction!

5. Maple_Ridge

Maple_Ridge

Thanks guys...those are some solid reports!

6. Dish7

Dish7

Did he get him? A close call?

7. November Sunrise

November Sunrise

This was a great buck - I'm confident he was 140 and I believe was most likely over 150.

Several consecutive days I watched him from the road cross a picked corn field at first light and enter a bedding area to the west of that field. Each night for about a week my son set up in different places near or in that field and had deer come into the field but never had the buck at close range. Most nights the buck went out the other direction. Two nights in a row I saw him in another neighbors yard about 10 minutes before dark while I was driving around the block seeing if I could figure out where he was at. Another night the deer went west across the nearest road with a couple small bucks and was feeding there about 15 minutes before dark when I cruised by.

After about a week of cat and mouse we never saw the deer again. Neighbor who runs a lot of cameras and is usually familiar with everything in the neighborhood never got a picture of him. As best as we could tell the deer set up shop near us for about a week before returning to where ever he came from.

Dish7 and Radar420 like this.