close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gander Outdoors?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Buddwiser, Dec 27, 2017.

1. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Oh boy, I just kill me sometimes!!!:lol:

The sad part is that Gander NO STOCK Mountain is no more, and we all knew it was coming too - except the "managers"!
    :evilsmile

2. CrashAxe

CrashAxe

Don't show any support for Trump while shopping there. The CEO of Camping World, they are transforming to Gander Outdoors, has said if you support President Trump, he doesn't want your business. I will not be shopping at any of them.

hiljak102 and fishingmonster like this.

3. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

Politics aside i was told by the manager at the lansing location who is now the manager at the Saginaw or flint location that the new big store in lansing will not be reopened. Instead they will build another location supposedly on the other side or Saginaw Hwy that will stock the same stuff gander did plus campers and boats. I hated the new gander store anyway they had less hunting/fishing equipment and more t-shirts in than the old location. Lansing is in desperate need of a jays or a franks. The small mom and pops shops around here dont stock anything that im even interested in.

wicklundrh and nick 74 like this.
  4. friZZleFry419

friZZleFry419

Pays more to the employees vs everyone else.

5. TheLionsFan

TheLionsFan

I was unaware of that. Guess he doesn’t want much business. I’ll be sure to wear my Trump hat at the Saginaw location when it opens.

antlerhunter, RLWagner and BlackRhino like this.
  6. ltcnav

ltcnav

Please google what he said, and judge for yourself. Everyone is quick to jump on the anti bandwagon.

onenationhere and DirtySteve like this.
  7. RichP

RichP

ya, felt like it was coming for over a decade.

some places just know how to hang around for longer then you'd expect (a la radio shack)

8. waldowillie

waldowillie

There is a clone for the old Gander Mountain that I found online and they've been in business for many years with over 200 locations south of the great lakes and they take paypal. Check out Academy Sports + Outdoors. They sell a lot of the Guide Series stuff but they label it as Magellan Outdoors. The new Gander Outdoors is a total disappointment! Academy is my new replacement for GM.

9. hrdH20

hrdH20

True i wont shop there because they ****ed me over in my warrenties from gander mtn. Wont honor any.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The new company has nothing to do with the warranties you purchased from gander mountain. Gander outdoors probably won't even sell the same products that you bought from gander mountain. I have a few warranties on fishing rods fro. Gander mountain.....I wouldn't expect gander outdoors to cover them.

11. hrdH20

hrdH20

Not good business

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

12. charminultra

charminultra

Gander mountain is the worst ever. They suck incredibly large cylinders of meat. The are almost as bad as bass pro. I like bait shops that are owned by locals, preferably the owners are a little spaced out too.

Cohojoe and Jimw like this.
  13. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

You are right it wouldn't be good business. How can they cover a warranty they didnt sell You? That is 100% loss on their end.

This is like buying a warranty from bass pro and going to your local bait shop and asking them to cover your warranty.....then getting mad when they dont.