close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gander Outdoors?

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Buddwiser, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Went buy the old Gander Mountain store in Utica today and saw Gander Outdoors Grand Opening.
    Anyone know what this is? Way too much traffic to stop but I may take a gander (pun intended) some day this week.

2. y2ba

y2ba

If you’re looking for ice fishing stuff, save your time. They have zero on the floor and i was told it’s going to be awhile yet. So, nothings changed

3. flatfish

flatfish

4. crossneyes

crossneyes

Are they doing that at all locations?

5. flatfish

flatfish

Just the like the one in Flint, No ice fishin stuff by jan.15 , I worked there, Just losing money!!!!!

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  6. y2ba

y2ba

Not sure.. I stopped in just to see what it was all about.

7. Waif

Waif Premium Member

Wouldn' t go if they paid me to.

d_rek likes this.
  8. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

They had been working on final sec approvals. They weren't expecting the ok to open until March but they got the word early. They have been shipping stuff to stores as soon they get it. They had about a dozen open across the country just before Christmas. They weren't expecting to be open for ice fishing season at all this year so I doubt they had any inventory ordered. My son checked one out and said the gun selection was nice.

9. crossneyes

crossneyes

Anyone know about Lansing ? They built that big new store then went out of business.

10. Arroweaver

Arroweaver

Gander Mountain officially went out of business and sold their locations to Camping World who I'm told are reopening some of the stores under the name Gander Outdoors

DirtySteve and Craves like this.
  11. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Vaporware outdoors.... :lol: :lol: :evilsmile :mischeif:

d_rek and foxfire69 like this.
  12. gamalot

gamalot

Gander ran themselves out of business IMO. Once in a while they ran a decent sale on specific items but just about everything else they sold was much higher priced than we could find it elsewhere. Gander also did not honor veterans or seniors with even a tiny discount. My store here in Middletown, NY kept running sales on ammo "While Supplies Last" but they never had any to begin with. I got there the day the sale began and was the first through the door at opening only to learn they had no ammo in the calibers listed in the big sale. WTF???

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  13. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

dinoday and fishingmonster like this.
  14. gamalot

gamalot

I am waiting and hoping that some conservative outlet will compile a list of these left wing lunatic retailers and post it for all to see. The NRA tries to give us insight on politicians leanings and it is high time we have a place to check the leanings of the various companies we support without knowing where our money goes. Take for instance Peter Lewis. He is the CEO and big owner of Progressive Insurance. He is also a big contributor to anything that goes against conservative views. I would not have any insurance by Progressive and this is just one company of the very many who suck up to us patting us on the back while looking for the soft spot to stab us. How about that commercial I hate the very most, Kars for Kids. They show cute little kids playing music instruments who are anything but the kids those donations go to. Kars for Kids is a Hasidim Jewish organization and the money goes directly to the religious education of their children. Why would they not show their own little children playing the music?

15. Stand By

Stand By

F them. Regardless of who o voted for, HE made this political when he opened his mouth. Support local. Jay's, Northwoods, mom and pop stores, etc.