Gander outdoors closing 37 stores

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by DirtySteve, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

I was just there. Confirmed they are closing or relocating. They weren’t sure. Got a few things. Not much savings since everything was already expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  2. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

To bad Jay's would not open a store in TC

TriggerDiscipline likes this.

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer

WELL, the door is open to anyone up there wishing to fill the void! Opportunity knocks!

4. 4theFish

4theFish Banned

Seeing how Traverse City is exactly in through middle of the 2 stores they have, they probably won’t be doing that. Would be nice.

Scout 2 likes this.
  5. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

TC needs a store like that. Once Gander is gone there will be none. I have been in the Gander store 2 times since it opened. First was just after they opened and it looked lie a nice store so I went back a couple months later and the isles were so crowded with stuff and the price all had 2 prices on them pushing a membership in a Good Sam club. I never went back. It is a little over 60 mile for me to go there and I can go to Northwoods or Jay's at their 2 locations about the same distance. Be sides if I go to Gaylord I can hit Cops and Donuts up next to Jay's

4theFish likes this.
  6. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

The one in Portage is closing. Not enough space to add RVs.

I did score some mags at 40% off though. Tons of fishing stuff at 40% off left. Shooting stuff is fairly wiped out. Guns/ammo are only 15% off.

TK81 likes this.
  7. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I read that Portage, saginaw, porthuron, utica, traverse city and marquette are closing. I typically go to the flint store and it is not having a clearance sale.

8. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I will be in Traverse city on Wednesday. How are the gun prices? MSRP I am guessing?

9. Offfishn

Offfishn

In Port Hope MI, out annoying the neighbors!
    Camping World which owns Gander, is also in big $$ troubles.
    Lawsuits about trailer pricing and salesman misrepresenting the products .........
    Camping World is obligated to operate a minimum of 17 Gander Mountain stores per the 2017 buyout agreement.

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Guns and ammo are 15% off.

11. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

That's mostly facebook fakenews created by one show that has a beef with camping world. Camping world is the largest RV dealer in the US and had record sales in 2018. The lawsuits arent about trailer pricing they are about stock price inflation and they are suing the executives.

https://rvmiles.com/is-camping-world-going-bankrupt/

12. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

Off of MSRP and now the same price as my local gun store or 15% off a lower than MSRP price?

13. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I have never in my life been in a store that sells guns anywhere close to MSRP price. In my experience MSRP is $200-800 higher than store price depending on what you are looking at. I have never purchased a gun or even priced them at gander outdoors so I have no idea to how they compare. I just know that they are selling 15% off of their pricing and 40% off of the rest of the stoe items. I also hear that sunday was supposedly the last day of the sale and things were pretty well picked over. No idea if that is true either.

14. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

The old Gander Mountain was MSRP, at least the one in Grandville was. I will swing by the Traverse City store Wednesday and see what they have. Thanks.

DirtySteve likes this.
  15. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

Just for the heck of it I looked up a base model 870 Express on remington site. MSRP is $419.99

Gander outdoors website has them listed as $343 regular price currently on sale 13% off at $299.99.