FYI On Reamaining Animals From 2 Other Ranches

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Disease' started by dsconnell, Sep 5, 2008.

1. dsconnell

dsconnell

I just got word that those deer have been tested and cleared of any traces of CWD from one of the Ranches.. So it truly was a 1 hit wonder so it will be interesting to see what happens now..

2. soggybtmboys

soggybtmboys

I would expect to see heavy pressure to alter the baiting ban.

3. bgbk-8

bgbk-8

If anything shut the disease spreading deer farms down until they comply 100% as its been reported the deer farms aren't complying to current requirements. This guy brought some deer in along the way infected with this disease and all the sportsmen are paying for it whether they bait or not.

I hunt 200+ miles away and one deer on an enclosed farm with 15 ft. high fences and bait ban in the whole state?

Hunters for hundreds and probably thousands of years have taken advantage of with this technique in one fashion or another.

4. dsconnell

dsconnell

And you know thi sis the case? They are not complying with current requirements? You know for a fact that he brought this deer in already infected with this desease?

You just seem a bit bitter to me...

I know for a fact that this is not the case cause I happen to know one of the ranch owners very well! He just happens to be my cousin and had to put down a 150" 8 point. Such is life! You think he is happy about it?

5. bgbk-8

bgbk-8

You know for a fact? Check your facts a little better. From the DNR websight:

[SIZE=-1]An audit of captive/privately owned cervid facilities that house deer, elk and other animals around the state showed that 37 percent of the facilities are not in compliance with current regulations for the industry.

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] “This audit reveals there is no way for the DNR to conclude at this time whether or not chronic wasting disease (CWD) already is present in Michigan and propagating undetected in privately owned cervid facilities,” said DNR Wildlife Division Chief William Moritz.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  6. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Couple questions,,, did they kill all the deer to test them? Is that the way it "has" to be done? The reason I ask is, it seems when they find a positive deer, it's been symptomatic. There are other rumors that the disease doesn't show up until the deer is a bit older. Is there any reason why the state or MSU wouldn't try to keep a few deer alive,, that they know have been exposed to the disease and see how it progresses and why some deer get it and some don't,, even after being exposed to it?

7. wally-eye

wally-eye Guest

I was always under the impression there was no viable CWD test on live deer ?????????

8. William H Bonney

William H Bonney

Same here. That's why I'm wondering why they dont' keep a few deer alive that they "know" have been in contact with an infected animal and see how it progresses.

9. Buckup

Buckup Guest

Because CWD is a scare tactic used DNR agencies to scare the public in an attempt to shut down Cervid Farmers. If they actualy did some research on CWD the public would find out it's not as serious a problem as they lead on. Basicaly it would blow a huge hole in there agenda if they actually ran some legitamate test on some suspect live animals.

Here in Ky. the DNR brought in several loads of ELK for their reintroduction program, some of those ELK were captured within 25 miles of a known CWD positive area. That should show you how serious CWD really is.
    Jason