close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FUR STOP ST. CHARLES SAT. JAN. 13

Discussion in 'Michigan Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by furandhides, Dec 10, 2017.

1. furandhides

furandhides Premium Member

Next stop at Bares. NOON.

2. furandhides

Opportunity for some of you guys that have been going to the Otisville sale in Jan., to stop in at Bares the 13th. The bar adjacent to the stop has great food and a fantastic collection of mounted game from ducks to bear and a large display of whitetail racks. This is normally our largest stop of the season, so I will be getting there a little early to set up. No green coon or deerhides. I'm in need of large quantities of RATS, and will be paying a premium. No need to ship for top $$$. Up to $15 on jumbo mink. I need dark Nov. and Dec. mink. Sell now before $$$ drop due to Jan. skins. The rat market will be strong at Bares.

3. SJC

SJC

I've got about 1000 mostly mid to late Dec rats. I was thinking of hanging on to them, but if the price is right, I guess I'd purge.

Fool'em likes this.
  4. furandhides

Very interested. PM sent Thanks. roger

5. furandhides

Dress warm. See you there.

6. furandhides

Long day today. Woke up to a mini blizzard in Kalkaska this morning. Gave a heads up and we headed out early. Tough roads as we took the back way into St. Charles. Stop started at 10:30 at a steady 13 temp. Was lonely at times. Usually would be a line. Indicative of both the lack of trappers and the weather I suppose. Had 6 hardy trappers and we managed a remarkable total of 1200 rats and a few mink. Thanks guys, each and all. Next stop Feb. 10th?? Roger & Laura

Fool'em likes this.
  7. shutherdown

shutherdown

Average

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

8. furandhides

OSTA held their sale yesterday. There were 31 lots of fur and 6 buyers. Rats ave. $2.99 with a high of 4.50 and low of .15. The ave. at Bares was much higher, top of $6 low $1. And with only 1 buyer and no comm..

Fool'em, DirtySteve and Anita Dwink like this.
  9. Curt

Curt

Roger,
    Can you tell us what the rat average was at Bares?

10. klinkler

klinkler

Roger,are Michigan rat any better than Ohio rats?

11. furandhides

Pretty much a rat is a rat, either the darker eastern or paler western. I would pay the same for Mi., Ind. Ill. Ohio, Wi., N.Y., etc. Prices are cheaper on western goods. I really don't know what the ave. was at Bares, definitely above 3.50 and below 4, that is for all the rats bought including K & D, mice, etc.. I really am paying more than anyone else that I know of.

Fool'em likes this.
  12. Curt

Curt

I would say 3.50 to 4.00 across the board is a good average. Thanks Roger.

13. trap4fun

trap4fun

Once again thank you Roger, glad we made the drive Saturday you were more than fair to me. Looking forward to selling to you next year and would encourage any and all rat trappers to deal with Roger and Laura, great folks.

Fur-minator and Anita Dwink like this.