close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fuel Oil Mix for Two Strokes

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Swamp Boss, Jan 4, 2015.

1. caseyj

caseyj

Blueump likes this.
  2. frenchriver1

frenchriver1 Mr. Flatfish Premium Member

You can lead a horse to water, but...

3. shooter 50

shooter 50

Ipicked up a nifty gadget at wal/mart this summer a 2 cycle mixing bottle from shoreline marine. It will pre measure from24-1 to 100-1,Fill your gas tank with gas correspond how many gals of gas you put in tank and on bottle it will tell you how many ozs.of oil to get your perfect mix to gas ratio!

4. pikenetter

pikenetter

to each ther own, but i have never winterized a motor, add stable to the gas, drained my tanks at the end of season.
    i leave my equipment just like i plan on using it again tomorrow, even if tomorrow is 6 months later...
    never had an issue todate....call it blind luck but it works for me

5. paperhead

paperhead

Add marine stabilizer to every tank. My boat gets used weekly april thru sept. Then i winterize it and store indoors 1998 mariner no issues yet. All my small 2 strokes.(chain saw,weedwhip ect.) I use only amsoil 2 stroke oil ,marine stabilizer ansd empty fuel out in fall. Seafoam is added to all my 4 wheelers. Snowblower and lawnmowers engines fogged and fuel removed before putting away for season. Generator and pressure washer stabile in tank and gas is shut off and ran out after every use.

6. feedinggrounds

feedinggrounds

Sooner or later, you will run out of luck.

7. feedinggrounds

feedinggrounds

The person who blends the fuel at the tank farm may not be as precise as he should. Does it have 10% or 25% alcohol I do not know of any testing being done at the pump for alcohol, measurements for volume yes but alcohol content no. My wife has a station and has never been tested for alcohol content or ratio, annually for volume is normal. The tank farms in Flint, have Shell trucks in line with Mobil behind Marathon trucks with Citgo also, all coming from the same tank.