close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Freshwater jellyfish

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Fishsmith85, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Fishsmith85

Fishsmith85

I have a video of the jellyfish and everyone I go to show assumes I'm about to show them something weird or perverted. Not sure if that's about me or not knowing about freshwater jellyfish?

sureshot006 likes this.
  2. sureshot006

sureshot006

Maybe some of both lol

Fishsmith85 likes this.

3. sureshot006

sureshot006

If I had no clue about them I'd definitely be suspicious of a video a guy was going to show me... I'd probably think it was some funny prank video. Think about it... Hey man, want to see this cool freshwater jellyfish? Eh.... Sure?

4. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

This reminds me of when I went to a museum in Chicago.i was washing my hands in the bathroom and two guys walk in. Right as both of them walk up to the urinals and start to unzip the one guy says to the other hey want to see some thing cool. This was before smart phones.

Scout 2, junkman, jumbojake and 2 others like this.
  5. Blackeyes

Blackeyes

Years ago a similar jellyfish, maybe the same, was in a lake in northern Ontario my family went to for holidays each summer. I had a friend who became a marine biologist after high school. The topic of them came up in conversation one day. He traveled to the lake to get a sample and took it back to the university of guelph. He later told me they are normally only found in very clean pure fresh water. Due to acid rain and polutuion it is causing them to die off and they will gradually become extinct. If you have them in your lake be thankfull.