close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

french brittany

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by partsman, Jan 5, 2018.

1. partsman

partsman

My duck hunting days are way behind me and I would like to return to upland hunting aka grouse in northern Michigan. I had yellow labs for the last 20 years and had a blast, running hunt test and duck hunting. My last yellow lab Chance, also loved to chase grouse but at 12 years old he prefers to lay in front of eden pure or next to the hot water plumbing. He has earned that and lot more in my eyes, I'm looking at a French Brittany as a possible upland bird dog, I had American Brittany many years ago, she was a good dog but man she had some serious range. I want a close working dog as I'm going on 61 and have no interest in running after anything. I enjoy a nice slow walk anymore, my question anyone have any experience with French Brittany, and any breeders that might be preferred.
    Thanks, Mike.

2. Traditional uplander

Traditional uplander

Hello, I have an 11 year old American Britt and a French Breton puppy 9 months.. She did excellent this year and out performed my expectations for her age this fall. I will say like most young dogs grouse had her going crazy but the timberdoodles stood no chance!!! To a point! If you are interested in her blood lines and breeding I can send it to you PM? They are not a puppy mill so not sure what they have going on this year so you’ll have to contact them, they’re in Indiana.. good luck. If you want some pics leave your phone number, I can’t post pics on here to save my life!!

3. partsman

partsman

YT
    Thanks uplander I would I would appreciate the info on the kennel, I really think that this is the breed I want to go with.

4. Sharkey

Sharkey

Young’s French Brittany s in Tennessee. They have pups now. I have owned 3 FBs. My latest is 6 months and the first from them. They are quality lines. Contact Tara. Great to work with and she really cares about what she is producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lindsey

Lindsey

This kennel owner/dog trainer and his French Brittany Etta were mentioned in the attached article scanned from the Jan/Feb '18 issue of Wildlife in North Carolina magazine (published by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission). Per the kennel's website, http://losthighwaykennels.com/, he has male French Brittany pups that were born last summer available.

Attached Files:

6. Nort'woods Nash

Nort'woods Nash

Check out CEB-US site they have a list of breeders. You can't go wrong with any breeder in their list. I have an 8 month male from Sur le Delavan in Illinois. Could not be happier with him. 1515351900991393558069.jpg

357Maximum likes this.
  7. partsman

partsman

Thanks for the replies folks, and the great picture nn. I have some good leads to work worth. I also forgot about a gent who comes into the store I work at, he has a eb, I think he may be out in Arizona for the winter, I hope he makes it back soon.
    Thanks, Mike.

8. Jprahin77

Jprahin77

I will be picking up my first French Brittany pup from Clint at Sur Le Delevan the first weekend of March. I’ve been waiting since last winter and am super excited to get her. Clint has been awesome to deal with. Your pup is a great looking EB

9. Nort'woods Nash

Nort'woods Nash

Thanks. I waited almost 2 years for mine but he is so worth it. Clint is great to deal with and is definitely a steward of the breed. Nash is out of Hera and Leo. Post some photos when you get her and get ready for a wild ride

10. Traditional uplander

Traditional uplander

Here’s my French pup this past October, she’s 6months in photo.

11. partsman

partsman

Hey traditional your pics still didn't show up, but don't feel bad, I still cannot figure out how to to get my pic on here lol! But that's ok, I have to work on a way to time my purchase right because in the next year and half I have to start drawing my SS, and can no longer full time. Which is great for me, I'm tired of working and I would have much more time to work with a pup and fish.

Mike.

12. Traditional uplander

Traditional uplander

E47CE0D8-35A3-49B1-AF80-1602C5582D8F.jpeg I’m so bad at these dam computers.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    dustydog likes this.
  13. Traditional uplander

Traditional uplander

hawgeye likes this.
  14. partsman

partsman

Cool pics traditional uplander! Thanks for taking the time to get them posted.
    Mike.