Free young Black Lab to good home

Discussion in 'Waterfowl hunting dogs' started by suckerbass, Feb 23, 2018.

1. suckerbass

suckerbass

Well it’s with heavy hart that I am posting this. I took in a stray black lab last year that a friend had found abandoned on his property. I’ve had the dog for about 8 months now 4 of which he was in training with a professional trainer. He’s a really good boy! Tons of energy and loves nothing more that fetching and working. He really has turned into a great boy. But my schedule has changed giving me less time to spend with him and my wife has just never really warmed up to him. He is for sure “high energy “ and can be rambunctious when he doesn’t get enough attention. He’s completely E-collar conditioned by a professional trainer and is very obedient once he calms down after getting out of his crate. Anyway my situation has changed and I don’t feel I’m giving him enough time anymore. He definitely deserves better! I am not looking for any money. I just want to make sure he goes to somebody that will love him and give him the time and exercise he needs. I hunted with him last duck season and for a first year dog he really did good! He absolutely loves it and has zero fear! Please text me at 734-652-2260 or pm me here if you are interested. Again I will not just give him to anyone. He’s a really good boy and deserves a great home with lots of love and attention.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liver and Onions likes this.
  2. suckerbass

suckerbass

Ps. The vet estimates he’s about 16 - 18 months old

3. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

Try this and keep the one most happy to see you..........

[​IMG]

4. suckerbass

suckerbass

yeah but that’s not really the biggest issue. She likes him, she just doesn’t want to work with him or continue training him. That’s what he needs and unfortunately I just can’t do it consistently. Both my wife and I work too much and just don’t have enough time. He probably needs more time than most dogs. He’s very high energy

5. edjewcollins@yahoo.com

edjewcollins@yahoo.com

Does he get along well with other dogs? I have 2 Irish Setters, both male.

6. suckerbass

suckerbass

Yes he gets along well. He’s still very much a puppy so sometimes he irritates older dogs but he usually get the message.

7. suckerbass

suckerbass

He is neutered by the way. This I believe takes away a lot of the aggressiveness between males.

8. suckerbass

suckerbass

[​IMG]

9. suckerbass

suckerbass

IMG_3314.JPG

10. michiganoutdoorsman

michiganoutdoorsman

Beautiful pup! I hope you find a home for him.

11. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

Just out of curiosity when he was found was he ever taken in to see if he was chipped?

I find it hard to believe someone just abandoned it, I believe you stating he was but find it hard someone would do that.

12. suckerbass

suckerbass

Yeah we tried for a couple weeks to find the owner. All the normal stuff. Vets office, humane society, posted up flyers. He didn’t have a chip but he does now. I had him chipped when I got him neutered. So he has one now.

13. lefty421

lefty421

I'm looking for a new dog, but already have a deposit down on a new pup that's due to be whelped any minute now. Good looking dog. Hope you find a home for him.

14. Aaronjeep2

Aaronjeep2

I went and picked up jake.Pulled up in my driveway opend the door he jumps out and runs and jumps in my duck boat. He loves my big back yard been throwing the bumper for the past hour.

15. suckerbass

suckerbass

That’s awesome Aaron! I really believe you and Jake will get along great! He will fetch all day long and never get enough! He absolutely loves it! Please keep me posted on him and if you need anything let me know. He’s a really good boy and deserves the attention you will be able to provide.