For the 1st time in 2 years...

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by bucksrus, May 16, 2018 at 10:13 PM.

1. bucksrus

bucksrus

My oldest son wanted to fish again! We used to fish the run together every year but I guess the teenage years took over and he lost interest. Today he said he wanted to go again so I got out of work on time and off we went. Hit mid this evening, caught easy limits and played c&r for a few hours. Boated a bunch.
    Fished around mud. Tons of nets, didn't catch any silvers but saw a few caught. Water clarity was perfect but lots of logs floating so be careful.
    I really missed these trips with him....Good times. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526523027.923884.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526523045.670316.jpg

2. scottymac

scottymac

Nice story glad you guys got out and hope it keeps up. My Dad does not get out fishing much anymore at 76 but I am grateful for the times we go together after all he is the one that taught me and gave me that fishing bug. Hopefully your son is the one encouraging you to go with him on his boat if many years down the road.

bucksrus likes this.

3. BBBYpsi

BBBYpsi

Better then the limit of the walleyes is the memories with your son. Great job!!!

slabstar and bucksrus like this.
  4. gatorman841

gatorman841 Premium Member

Nice work out there buddy! Way to get your son on some eyes

MISTURN3, slabstar, bucksrus and 2 others like this.
  5. kisherfisher

kisherfisher

Great post Art !Nice weather, biting fish, I think he will remember how fun it can be. Kids are way more busy these days. Finally got my 22 yr old granddaughter out Tuesday evening in the lower. College, coaching and work , very busy , but a game cancellation opened up her schedule. She smoked me jigging in the lower river.Had 2 hrs of catching in a very peaceful area.Came home grilled them up ! Great memories , great day , great eats .Lemon/Lime jig, brown WW.,

6. Divers Down

Divers Down

Great post! I’m in the same boat with my fishin buddy.

MISTURN3, slabstar, bucksrus and 2 others like this.
  7. Fishin chip

Fishin chip

Awesome!! My boy is 13 and likes it one day and hates it the next.