Flossing in Michigan

Discussion in 'North West Michigan Streams and Rivers' started by TheoJohn, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheoJohn

TheoJohn

2. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure

3. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

Interesting first post there Theo. Seeing that you're from Wellston, I'm sure you're aware that Chad isn't the only guide (or guide service) that runs a Chuck and Duck program for the non-biters. Heck, BB&T has had a tutorial on their website for 20 years. It's still there, but has been cleaned up for the PC crowd. Most just don't blatantly call it flossing. Whatever you call it, it's all the same and fighting 20lb fish on light tackle keeps the clients coming back year after year.

Sparky23 and Glock1911 like this.
  4. jwheelfan03

jwheelfan03

theo is not from wellston. Click on his screen name. New account just opened up. Someone who doesn’t like chad or just wanting to ruffle feathers. People open accounts like this all the time to stir the pot..

Sparky23 and TK81 like this.
  5. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

Yep, that's why I started my post with the "interesting first post" and followed it up with disbelief that a guy from Wellston would have issue with Chad when local flossing (Wellston) has been in style below the coffer for 40 years or so. Who cares how the guides fish as long as they don't low hole you? Salmon are put and take to me. Except I'm not much into the taking part once they are in the river.

It's always amazed me that guys will pay a guide to help them floss, when even a rookie can hook fish with cheap gear and home made yarn flies right next to the shore.

6. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

I have no words.... wait, a couple come to mind: Walmart reels, chumming, teenage girls, and Thailand.

I guess you can say he’s a professional, especially at knowing how laws actually read, and abiding by them.

troutguy26 likes this.
  7. jwheelfan03

jwheelfan03

Treat others as you would want to be treated. If you did 500+ trips a year why would you buy very expensive equipment to have people ruin it? Been there done that. I’d assume a pair of simms waders vs. hodgman or a sage rod vs. redington or white river makes you a better fisherman and person as well eh?

TK81 likes this.
  8. TK81

TK81 Premium Member

I was going to ask the OP to do a little googling, but then it might not be appropriate. Definitely some good stuff out there.:D

If we are pushing for certain groups to vote, why not allow certain groups to floss?:evilsmile

9. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

The Walmart reels mention went 100 feet over your head. Zero to do with cost. Well, I guess it does. If you know, you know.

Fishndude and troutguy26 like this.
  10. jwheelfan03

jwheelfan03

I doubt someone from the east side knows.

11. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

12. Bucket-Back

Bucket-Back

Newaygo " Bank Billie" here, I must have driven by BGS 50 times this month and I still don't know where the heck it is. oar even GAF .

I have 2 watercraft also.

13. jwheelfan03

jwheelfan03

14. troutguy26

troutguy26

15. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

Mr Novi is done with fact checking. Are you done too mr newaygo? That you Chad? For the rest I’ll leave it at as originally stated “if you know, you know.”

The issue is encouragement of flossing limits off gravel, because it’s “legal” (debatable by DNR definition) in the name of a dollar today versus a better fishery tomorrow. All from a gentleman without the most law abiding track record.

I haven’t caught a clipped fish on the big man in years. Those fish being pulled off the gravel are what provides the majority of the fishery on that river. That is all.

troutguy26 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.