Floats and mainline for Center pin

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by Rfish954, Aug 16, 2018.

1. goodasgold

goodasgold

I have a love/hate relationship with blood run. I’ve been running it (15lb) for a year now. It floats very well out of the box, allows you to fish across a fast current very well with some mending. It does kind really change the way you fish. But I have had it break regularly before 8lb leader, at least a dozen times. It’s strange the way it looks when it breaks, too - all frayed out. The second point is that its kind of flat in its shape, so if you are new to casting and get some line twist (or even wind) coming off the reel it binds up and sort sticks to itself, which can take several minutes to sort out. Can get frustrating after a while.

2. slightofhand

slightofhand

I saw a video this week of a guide Greg Knapp Getting bit guide service, he had a king on the Blood Run 23lb mainline under a log for 20 minutes and the fish was thrashing and running around. He reached down the other side of the snag, hooked the blood run main with a hook puller and pulled the fish to the surface and scooped it. Line was clean after all that, no scratches or anything. They said the same thing happened four or five times out of that same hole. It’s been a great line for me that I can say this year on kings, and I have had a few big ones come to the net so far.

3. wyandot

wyandot

If you've ever fished with Greg, you know he doesn't have to justify his equipment choices to anyone, his reputation speaks for itself. If bloodrun is good enough for him, it's good enough for anyone.

flyrodder46 likes this.
  4. slightofhand

slightofhand

GFK. Guy has freakish skills on the water. I fished nearby from him once I hooked three, his boat landed probably 30 and then left all within an hour. Never seen anything like it.

5. brian0013

brian0013

I run 15 lb siglon f with a 12 lb leader maxima .love it