close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Floating Spawn ?

Discussion in 'Big Lake Surf/ Pier Reports' started by piscatorial warrior, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:38 PM.

1. piscatorial warrior

piscatorial warrior Premium Member

Does anyone use corkies or spin-n-glows to float your spawn sacks instead of putting floating beads IN the spawn sack ? Any tips on doing this?

2. antlerhunter

antlerhunter

3. GRUNDY

GRUNDY

In the river sometimes, but not in general off the pier

budlawson likes this.
  4. ausable_steelhead

ausable_steelhead

Some guys run a floater bag with a cork for more color. Saw it work well many times.

piscatorial warrior likes this.
  5. Fishndude

Fishndude

I just thread a Corkie onto my leader before I tied on my hook, if I am using them. I don't use spin-n-glos. But I don't use Corkies much anymore, either. If I want floating spawnbags, I just put a piece of Styrofoam (discarded coffee cups work great) in the spawn before tying the bag, or I just use some floatie beads.

6. syonker

syonker

Main line to 3 way swivel, then leader with Spin n glo set ahead of a spawn sack.

Off of the 3 way swivel attach dropper line with weight.

This rig is used on the channel side of a pier if the water if flowing out of the channel into the big lake.

7. jpmarko

jpmarko

This spring I noticed, on a couple of occasions, that some guys fishing spawn in the channel for coho did better when they attached a wobble glo or corkie above their spawn sacs. I think it may have helped with visibility in addition to float the spawn sac a little higher. I tried it and noticed I got more hits. I can’t say I noticed that it helped much on the lake side. The reason I say I think it may be due to visibility is because my spawn sacs already had floaters it them, yet I noticed I got more hits in the channel with a wobble glo or corkie on the leader.

piscatorial warrior likes this.