close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Up Near Traverse City (Spider Lake)

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by Daniel Anderson, May 1, 2017.

1. Daniel Anderson

Daniel Anderson

Heading up to Traverse this weekend. Staying on Spider Lake. Any good advise for fishing this lake? Thinking of trying for some small/large mouth bass. Mainly using white 3/8 spinner bait. Anyone have any luck fishing for anything else? Let me know.

2. thill

thill

What did you think about Spider lake? I'm heading up there next weekend for the first time and hoping to spend a day fishing.

3. Crappiecraig

Crappiecraig

Back in the 80s the Perch fishing was great. I saw one of the biggest northern Pike I've ever seen snap my buddies line like kite string, it looked 4 feet long. There are some big Bass in there too. Go and Check out the islands in the main part of the lake If you have a boat.

4. thill

thill

I stayed on Spider over Memorial weekend and had a good time. The lake is absolutely beautiful and has a good amount of fish. I took my girlfriend who has never casted a fishing rod in her life. We spent most of our time fishing in the shallows and caught many small bass on/near the beds. We were clearly post-spawn and I wanted to try out deeper looking for better quality, but the small males were perfect for teaching my girlfriend about some basics. I did get bit off by pike twice but never caught any. I hope to go back there soon!

5. Outdoor2daCore

Outdoor2daCore

It is a cool lake, I've caught lots of fish but never much worthwhile. Lotsa of small bass and gills galore. Definitely are some big pike but few and far between

6. good4080

good4080

I live here, put on a leader and catch some pike, try to avoid the rec boaters