fishing sunglasses

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sbooy42, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Rifleman99

Rifleman99

2. joeirv

joeirv

I have a $20 pair of Berkley's from Wal Mart that work just fine. Go with amber lenses though, they seem to be a lot better than blue.

3. BirdieShooter

BirdieShooter

I have a pair of Maui's in brown lens and a pair of Solar Bats that interchange amber or green. I almost never use the Maui's for fishing which is nice since they cost twice what the Bats did. Come to think of it about the only time the Maui's even come out anymore are for times when I need sunglasses but the Bats don't look appropriate. No my question is has anyone found a polarized lens that works REALLY GOOD in REALLY LOW LIGHT? I find times, especially at dusk, when I still want to see into the water but I am just flat running out of light to see. Even sometimes with overcast skies even the amber lenses don't seem to give me enough light.

4. Topshelf

Topshelf

All I ever wear anymore is safety glasses. For those that turn their noses up, go to a safety glasses store and check out what they have. They still have the old clear wrap around models you used in HS shop class but they also have modern styling, polorized and the price is usually under 20 bucks.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/smithwesson2.html

5. kristo27

kristo27

Costa's 580 if you care about your vision in the future don't skimp on uv protection it's no joke oakley also makes a nice polarized uv lense and yes both companies will custom make prescription lenses and bifocals as i just bought a pair for my father!!!!

6. Drisc13

Drisc13

My favorite thing in the world...okay, almost...is sight fishing and glasses are crucial!!!!

Got a pair of Rudy Project with amber lenses that are prescription. Lucky enough to have double coverage (not the football kind!) so the $400 pair only cost me around $50 out of pocket and must say I love them. If you get a chance to do so check 'me out...forget the exact model but wrap around design with amber lenses and really take the eye strain away. I'd never pay full price if I didn't have the insurance.

Did see some real nice pair at Dunhams for around $30 but forget brand. Made mental note that if I ever lose my pair I'd go get those.

Oh yeah, got a couple pair of glasses from In-fisherman that, despite the dark lenses, I really liked.

7. jigworm

jigworm

My wife bought a pair and I really like them. Nice fit, very little light gets in. Came with the gray and amber lenses. The gray is excellent but the ambers are a little light for me.

8. Powerstrokd1

Powerstrokd1

I am happy with my Oakley Radars with the vr28 polarized amber lense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. joecc

joecc

It's hard to beat Costa Del Mar sunglasses for fishing. I dropped mine in the river a couple weeks ago:mad:

10. 1styearff

1styearff

For sure. :coolgleam I have amber lenses, most of my fishing is in-land or moving water and I've not had a problem. I do seem to get 5-10 minutes more daylight than a buddy who has different glasses/lens color (idk what brand or color).

I have narrow temples, and most sunglasses make me look like a bug, but I can wear these out and about and not feel like too much of a tool. Plus, they fit my head perfectly. If they ever did slip off, I sprung for the lanyard/eyeglass strap when I bought them.

11. Amuzme2

Amuzme2

Another vote for WileyX sunglasses

I love my Jake Gloss Black with Jake Emerald Green lenses.

12. Turn N Burn

Turn N Burn

I love my Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's they run about 120 tho.

13. sslopok

sslopok

I buy the Berkley ones as well. I am a chronic sunglass dropper in the water guy so the 10$ doesn't matter to me. They are stylish glasses and they work great. I am on my 2nd pair as we speak.
    sslopok

14. symen696

symen696

Oakley has a newer line out. They stay put on your head, even leaning over the side. They have inter-changable lenses, HD polarized are sweet very clear. The only draw back is they are $225.00. To me they are well worth the cash. No sunlight headaches, awsome for fishing. Once I buy clear lenses I can use them for shooting as well. As far as the cheaper BPS glasses and berkley, there is no comparison. Maui Jim and Smith a little closer cept they fall off when you lean over.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010