fishing sunglasses

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sbooy42, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Bulletproof

Bulletproof

2. laterilus

laterilus

Revo's amber lens.

3. sbooy42

sbooy42

Yeah I was wonder what happened to my thread.. first thought was crap dont tell me sunglasses caused a huge nasty debate and got my thread deleted:lol:.... Then I found it over here
    But I got what I was looking for

Thanks everyone now its decision time

4. jasomx6

jasomx6

I love my costa del mars, they are scratched and one arm is JB welded back on but the removable glare guards work awesome, and I see really well with them. I too believe that I have the Amber lens' and it took me a while to get use to them being polarized and slightly brighter than most shades but love them now.

5. SBE

SBE

Costa Del Mars with the 580 lense

6. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

I have never, ever dropped a "cheap" pair of sunglass's in the water! :lol:

The Berkley ones are pretty good, especially the ones with the built in bifocals for those of us who need them. :eek:

7. alex-v

alex-v

I had no idea that sunglasses were fishing tackle. More likely they are safety equipment for healthy eyes. Maybe we should have a separate forum for fishing cloths and on for hunting cloths with sub forums for shirts and shoes.

Way to many forums.

8. Prime Time

Prime Time

Costas with the 580 lens

9. DaveW731

DaveW731

I just go with the $15 -$20 stuff at Gander Mountain, but I ALWAYS go with amber lenses (polarized, of course). Even in bright sunlight they do the job for me. Also seem to distort color less than dark lenses

10. jasomx6

jasomx6

I would consider my polarized shades tackle, they have helped me catch lots of fish. I can leave the cranksbaits in the box, the jerkbaits stowed away but I never get on my fishing boat without my glasses.....just saying.

11. BryPaulD

BryPaulD

I have Solar Bats and like them..got them at Gander,and reasonably priced
    Posted via Mobile Device

12. bassdisaster

bassdisaster Banned

I 2nd the using them for saftey glasses, the wrap around design keeps crap out of my eyes when I'm using the skill saw or w.e.!
    As for price I wont spend the high $ on eyewear anymore, lost to many pair over the years, tho I would recomend Polycarbonite lenzes, they are way more durable meaning less scratches and they are shatterproof!

BD

13. jigworm

jigworm

Costas. Anyone that sight fishes a lot knows they are as important as any other piece of equipment you carry.

14. swamptromper

swamptromper

Yup that is right Sten.

Same company that makes the fishing lures. The came out with this pair of interchangable glasses brown and gray. Lost the first pair, just cant seem to find the second pair. I have a few replacement lenses.

They are no longer available... even called the company trying to find em. Best glasses I have ever wore. Light, cheap, practical.

15. brigeton

brigeton

That's what I was wondering who made good bifocal ones at a reasonable price. With my CRS disease it doesn't make sense to spend big bucks on sunglasses. And yes Robert sunglasses are tackle, I need them to go fishin.