fishing sunglasses

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by sbooy42, Jun 3, 2010.

1. sbooy42

sbooy42

So my Smiths have gone missing..(pretty sure their on the sand bar somewhere)

Looking for some recommendations on a good pair of glasses for fishing.. haven't really decide if I want to fork out the big $$ or not..so if you have a low & high end recommendation I appreciate it..

thanks

2. loweboats

loweboats

3. deep6in

deep6in

Bass pro polarized glasses - I bought them after I donated my 3rd pair of "decent" glasses to the bottom of the drink. These ones have foam built into them - they float. Cheap but effective and of course going on my 2nd season with them and I haven't dropped them in the lake yet.

4. Swamp Monster

Swamp Monster Premium Member

For you guys lossing your glasses, check out these. http://www.cablz.com/
    I use them for kayaking, fishing etc.....whenever or wherever I'm active outside. Around $12. Yes, you can get $2 retention straps but none seem to be all that good. These won't help if you forget where you put them down, but they will keep them on your head!

As for glasses, I wear prescription glasses so I can't recommend much. I do have polarized prescription Bolle' sunglasses that I use for everything from driving to fishing. I also have cheaper fit over type glasses that I use over my regular eyewear....they are pretty cheap but they block out any side glare etc. Coccoons and others make them and they are decent. Only thing is they are big, and the girls will tell you you look like an elderly gent driving a Dodge Omni. But, they work.

5. BassMaster16

BassMaster16

Yea the bass pro ones would be a good choice. Or the $10-$20 Berkley polarized glasses at wal-mart. That's what I use and am very happy with them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. SunSet Bass

SunSet Bass

You need to fork out the money and buy a pair of WileyX sunglasses. I have two pair and I love them. I have tried just about all of the cheap **** and the expensive **** and WileyX makes the best pair "."

7. QuackerWhacker

QuackerWhacker

You get what you pay for. I've tried most everything from some of the stuff mentioned to where I am at now. Bolle makes some decent models. But, IMO, the best to be had are Costa Del Mar's. If you watch the pro's on TV, they all wear them. I am on my second pair of Fathom's and absolutely love them. They work great whether sight fishing for trout or trolling all day for salmon or walleye. Plus, the mirrored finish keeps my wife from catching me check out other babes. :lol:

8. MSUICEMAN

MSUICEMAN

i liked my smith action optics, my natives are ok.... from now on i never pay full price though, as if i had i would have gone through ohhhhh 320 bucks of sunglasses in the last 4 years.

9. N M Mechanical

N M Mechanical Premium Member

I wear Costa's in the amber lens it gains you a few minutes every day and no eye strain
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. gunrod

gunrod Mods

3rd for the Costa Del Mars. I have blue and gray lenses. Probably gonna try a different pair this year. The blue have worked the best on the water so far though.

11. QuackerWhacker

QuackerWhacker

I used the blue lens first. That pair is somewhere on the bottom of the flats south of Tampa Bay. Now I have the amber. It's great too, but I think the blue was just a tad better.

12. Jim..47

Jim..47

Don't amber lens make it awful bright when its sunny?

I've only ever worn prescription magnetics in dark colors so I have no experience in regulat sun glasses.

13. sfw1960

sfw1960 Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Do sunglasses REALLY fall under tackle???

:p

14. Chromedoggy

Chromedoggy Premium Member

I've had multiple pairs of Maui's, Costa's, and smith AOs. I have been satisfied with all. I found an ebay seller called Action sports Outlet that sells discontinued models. They had one of the smiths that I really like for about 1/5 of retail. I now own a lifetime supply in 3 lens colors

15. bobcolenso

bobcolenso Premium Member

I just use the cheap Berkley 100% UV A/B Porarized glasses, and use amber for low light conditions and have the darker ones also for when it's brighter. But I use mine more like "saftey glasses" than anything else.