close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

fishing reports -jackson- irish hills-hillsdale

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by jacktownhooker, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

got my 12 gills again slip bobbers better than tightline nice size 2 smalls and 4 bass

2. gobbler getter

gobbler getter

[​IMG]
    Limit of gills today. 15 feet down in 20-25 foot of water. Gulp minnows were the ticket.

3. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

after 2 weeks gills and lk. Columbia think its time for cats on Gillettes ! try a few times this week

4. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

checked on stocking for cats and actually fewer ...3500...but bigger over 8 inches

also checked on trout stocking on Farwell and found out it was stocked a month later than normal and they was inch smaller so wondering if that is why not getting limit catches ?....anyone actually been doing good ?

5. AllenMorgan

AllenMorgan

Last time I was on Gillette's, a month ago, I caught a few 10 - 12" Channel Cats on micro-jigs tipped with waxxies under a float. Sure put a nice bend in my light-power panfish rod.

Last year, I saw several kitty fish, and they were all about that same size. I'm assuming there are bigger ones in there. I just haven't tried fishing for any.

I have no idea on the Trout. I have yet to actually wet a line in Farwell. Paddled my kayak in it for a few minutes early this year.

6. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

IMG_1146.JPG well I got into some fish last night till 3 am got some midnight full moon(3/4) monsters!
    thought I would go old school....just brought some red worms to catch my bait ...small gills....got 20 in a bucket before dark and caught a bunch of bass nice size and a few cats
    later as moon was peeking between clouds... a monster 22 inch bass gave me a fight like a big cat !! took a pic but wanted it back in the water for the next lucky guy!
    then got my 20.5 inch cat I been looking for!
    got over 8 nice bass and 8 cats using gills whole but some cut bait too

7. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

IMG_1143.JPG

8. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

last night only 4 cats but wind and rain drove me off the lake probably go back wed and get minnows and catch some more

9. Hookslinger

Hookslinger

Nice bass and cat! I've been wanting to get out there and go for cats, but my new first shift schedule doesn't make that easy. Plus, now I'm prepping up for bow season.

10. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

went out last night a few hours before dark found some cats 10 ft of water, got some minnows this time, but really the keepers was scattered as every time I moved I got one or two keepers so I ended with around 8-9 . Getting ready to clean them now .
    Did have one gill I kept but another gill I had on A VERY LARGE PIKE WAS SLASHING AT IT !!! ...wow it was awesome to see !
    wish right then I had a few small gills for bait!

11. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

water cooled down to 72-74 degrees

12. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

after a few weeks of cats , I think I'm ready to hit lk. Erie for perch !

water cooling inland , I have to start hitting pike and walleyes soon!

Spacepuppy and jstfish48162 like this.
  13. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

ANYONE getting into pike? Any reports? or everyone into deer hunting now?

William floyd likes this.
  14. AllenMorgan

AllenMorgan

I tangled with *something* big a couple weeks ago on Michigan Center. From the little bit I saw of the fish, I want to say big Pike, but the water temp was about 72, which is a little warm for Pike, right? 5 FOW, in weeds, so maybe?

I've got a supply of live minnows right now; I've been trying to find some Yellow Perch. Ended up catching a couple half-decent Crappie on Tuesday.

jacktownhooker likes this.
  15. jacktownhooker

jacktownhooker

gilletts this eve got 10 eater cats on minnows and slip bobbers best this year so far and water 70 degrees