Fishing report Port Huron off the wall

Discussion in 'Lk. St. Clair and St. Clair River' started by bswej1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. bswej1

bswej1

Went out yesterday and fished off the wall from 12:30 - 6:30 ended up w/ 2 coho.1 guy had 1 on the stringer another had 3 and caught 4 while we where there.So a total of 12 fish caught mostly coho w/ steelie here and there.Some ice flowing on the canadian side.Was between Pingrove and the bridge..Pinegrove was packed..

2. old school

old school

3. bswej1

bswej1

forgot the cam!!!!!!!!!! I'll take it today if I go out.

4. puptent

puptent

What were you guys gettin them on?

5. bswej1

bswej1

spoons!!....When back out this afternoon,only saw 1 fish get caught out of 15 rods!!!!

6. Fishing 24/7

Fishing 24/7

I fished the wall for the first time last year. I never caught anything but that realy didnt matter cause I was fishing. I did have one fellow come unglued on me. he said I took his spot. the thing is, that I was there a good 4 hours before him. I let him fluff his feathers and all and his woman tried to get him to calm down cause she noticed I had my kid with me. When he said F*** my kid I had to step up and extinguish his fire. His wife appologized for his behavior and he went and sat in the van. Other than that I met some good people and learned some valuable tecniques for fishing the wall. sorry for any miss spelling:dizzy:

7. puptent

puptent

:sad: There are a few who think they own a little piece of The Wall.. Been fishing that part of the river most of my life, since the gravel pile days.... but for the most part you are right, the people are pretty friendly! Plan on gettin the lines in Saturday!

8. bswej1

bswej1

The way I look at that is if your there first you should be able to fish where you want!!!!!!!Most guys there are good guys!!

9. hockeyforever

hockeyforever

Is anybody smelt dipping along the wall yet.

10. puptent

puptent

Saw one guy gettin ready to throw a net in on the way home from work last night, didn't get back out to check and see if they got any though. I would bet there will be some guys down this weekend, as the weather looks pretty good for it.

11. The_Don

The_Don

The way i see if your there first you can fish where you want. Ive heard good and bad both from there so i just dont bother.

12. puptent

puptent

Bottom line it is a public park and if your there first you get the best spots. If you do experience someone harassing you, use your cell phone. They have no right to tell you to move from "their spot".

I am sure that the local government would frown on individuals making such demands, in a public area... there are great fishing spots along there, but with so many people out of work it tends to get crowded, but it is still PUBLIC. That goes for The Edison Parkway Boardwalk, Pine Grove Park Boardwalk, and the City Building/Sewage Plant Boardwalk. All open to fishing, all PUBLIC, and all first come.;)

13. John Q. Public

John Q. Public

Anyone fish spawn over there? What size pyramid sinkers are needed? Thinking about heading over there to give it a try sometime.

14. bswej1

bswej1

We use 2# sinkers.

15. John Q. Public

John Q. Public

Man that's some serious weight, probably more then my 9-10' medium action rods could handle I'm guessing..