close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fishing Lake Wabasis

Discussion in 'Warm Water Fishing Inland LP Lakes' started by marn1186, May 1, 2013.

1. marn1186

marn1186

2. Crayfish Trapper

Crayfish Trapper Premium Member

Depends of what you want to fish for.

There are lots of bass in Wabasis.

3. diztortion

diztortion

A lot of bass, some pike, some dogfish.

I grew up around the corner and enjoyed fishing that lake.

4. marn1186

marn1186

5. Tron322

Tron322

Just gotta get there and try it, with the other 5 or 6 bigger lakes in the area I found one annoying thing with all of them, some days you go and kill them, similar day a week later you get nothing, they all get too much pressure being close to GR, I always wanted to get out and try, only way to see if I liked it.

6. nickt

nickt

I gave it a try yesterday afternoon. We could see fish all day long in the shallows enjoying the warm water. We had a real hard time getting anything to bite. Guessing it was due to the time of day. It was just nice to get out and not being at work!

7. waterfoul

waterfoul

There is a nice local tournament there every Wed. night at 6:00 if you are interested. Great group of guys and only $20.

The lake fishes very well, especially early in the season before the water warms up to bath water temps.

8. marn1186

marn1186

Went for the first time Sunday evening.... Skunked.... not one bite! Fished the shallows tossing plastics, spinner baits, crank baits.'and night crawlers ! Tried a few different spots.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. noj

noj

I just move to Rockford and have gone to Wabasis twice. 1st time, skunked. 2nd, 2 lm bass. My electronics only marked 2 fish either time.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. fathom this

fathom this

I have a picture in my MSF file of my young nephew and I with a three man limit of gills and specks five years ago. Great day. Gills were spawning and specks were post spawn.

11. jprisbe

jprisbe

I fished Wabasis Sunday morning. One bass on a crank bait, one bass on a spinner bait and one pike on a Senko worm. Pike was probably 30" - 32" long.

12. noj

noj

13. blaketrout2214

blaketrout2214

Any reports on Wabasis? Walleye in particular?

14. wilsonm

wilsonm

We have had some reports of people catching some legal sized fish last year and this. This is one of the lakes we stock with fall fingerling walleye. We operate our Belmont walleye pond with the help of the West Michigan Walleye Club to raise fall fingerlings. In the upcoming years we hope to improve the walleye fishery in Lincoln and Crystal Lakes and create one in Bill's Lake with these stockings. I am always interested in walleye reports from these lakes if anyone has any to share seeing that we may not get to evaluate our plantings for several years in some of these.

alwaysfishing likes this.
  15. alwaysfishing

alwaysfishing

I had no idea that anyone was planting walleye in Lincoln. I know that lake pretty well too. P.M. me if there is anyway I can help. Believe it or not I have caught two 16" Muskeys on that lake about 6 years ago.